Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New Last Airbender Series (trailer included)

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    This isn't caused be jealousy though ... Right? Didn't they say that it was because they thought the benders were dangerous/no longer needed? Not to say people can't be motivated be jealousy anyway.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Hmmm, maybe just both?

Yeah ty lee blocking chi technique... man i wish the series would come sooner im just so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakuran View Post
    Hmmm, maybe just both?

Yeah ty lee blocking chi technique... man i wish the series would come sooner im just so excited.
    I mean, how long will you have to wait after it comes out in America.

You're my favorite.

hmmm, since avatar was a big hit here as well, i'd think 6 months?
    last time it was after a year but it was a big hit and the shows ended 5 months after the america one... so i just hope 6 months.
    I could always download the eps from internet in english :>

Start: 21 februari 2005 (America)
    1 april 2006 (Netherlands)
    End: 19 juli 2008 (America)
    23 november 2008 (Netherlands)

whoah 2008, thats like almost 3 years ago . - . , time goes fast

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    This isn't caused be jealousy though ... Right? Didn't they say that it was because they thought the benders were dangerous/no longer needed? Not to say people can't be motivated be jealousy anyway.
    I can't see them eliminating a unique, powerful group liek the benders on the grounds that they're useless. Bending is more useful than any other ability in that world.

Dangerous maybe. But why rise up 70 years after the event that is basically the posterchild of bending gone awry (Sozin's comet), rather than right after?

Well, Korra's suppose to be A LOT more steampunk, so I wouldn't be sure about them becoming less useful.

IDK about that though.

You're my favorite.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Well, Korra's suppose to be A LOT more steampunk, so I wouldn't be sure about them becoming less useful.

IDK about that though.
    You're right.

Steam= Water + Heat. Firebenders are a near-limitless source of clean, renewable heat as well as electricity (lightning). And waterbenders can superheat water themselves anyway, making steam. Airbenders might be less useful but they can still pretty much fly. Lastly, Earthbenders have metalbending now, and metal is everywhere in steampunk if I'm correct.

So yeah, benders only become more useful and dangerous as technology advances.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Anyways on topic, what do people make of this "anti-bender" revolution? At first I thought it sounded cliche, but once I thought about it, it really fits into the world and is quite believable. I mean, even Sokka got jealous at one point (the episode where he got his sword) b/c he felt inferior to the benders. I can see others having this same feeling.

And apparently the rebels all know chi-blocking O_O
    The entire concept of Avatar is about this only individual who has to give stability to the world. In the Aang story, the whole balance was about the 4 nations and their benders, so obviously the benders form part of the big balance of this world. Killing the benders would mean destroying the balance (as happened with the genocide of the air bender monks), so obviously the "anti-benders" are gonna be the bad guys, but as every good story it can't be flat, so someone has to be the biggest bad guy in here. Specially because Aang grand son (?) is part of that revolution and the Avatar will have the obligation to talk with him.

With this said, I think the anti-bender revolution is just a fragment of the story, and it only gives a social layer for it, so at the moment there hasn't been any big plot spoiled. And if the whole story is about the anti bender revolution, it would be sad.

As I see it, bender have no real advantage in this world, Zokka proved it.

D;
    theres only gonna be like 12 episodes I heard.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    The entire concept of Avatar is about this only individual who has to give stability to the world. In the Aang story, the whole balance was about the 4 nations and their benders, so obviously the benders form part of the big balance of this world. Killing the benders would mean destroying the balance (as happened with the genocide of the air bender monks), so obviously the "anti-benders" are gonna be the bad guys, but as every good story it can't be flat, so someone has to be the biggest bad guy in here. Specially because Aang grand son (?) is part of that revolution and the Avatar will have the obligation to talk with him.

With this said, I think the anti-bender revolution is just a fragment of the story, and it only gives a social layer for it, so at the moment there hasn't been any big plot spoiled. And if the whole story is about the anti bender revolution, it would be sad.

As I see it, bender have no real advantage in this world, Zokka proved it.
    Idk, i hope you're right and there's more to the story. In fact, we know there is, since Korra's journey to becoming a full-fledged avatar can be considered part of the plot. But I wouldn't be disappointed if the revolution was the main conflict. It's probably a bigger deal that they've let us know.

Sokka can't lift a finger to the better benders. He's a greater warrior than your average Fire Nation soldier, but he stands no chance against the likes of Katara, Zuko, or Toph. Simply put, if you have two 100-man armies of equal skill, the benders beat the not benders every time. The only one who could truly put up a fight against expert benders is Ty Lee; I'm surprised you didn't use her as your example.

Quote Originally Posted by Joosh View Post
    D;
    theres only gonna be like 12 episodes I heard.
    Yeah it originally was, but I believe they mentioned at Comic-Con an extension.