Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: New Last Airbender Series (trailer included)

Quote Originally Posted by zizi View Post
    SPOILER! :
    the fact he has Zuko's voice is going to really throw me off, though. I'm not sure how wise of a decision that was, but we'll see.
    SPOILER! :
    If we talk about bad decisions made on this show, we have a long list of it; korra as a strong lead female character who have only shown how oblivious she is to others and her lack of ability to make a consistent mean full action against a villain, there is also the problem of real emotions and human problems, as we have seen so far the only really moment were you can feel empathy to the characters was on the latest episode, with Tenzin new baby and Lin sacrifice; and for plenty of others, the big deal is that the serie have made a lot of bad decision. So I think Zuko's voice is the less important of all.

SPOILER! :
    Oh, I agree, but I think the problem with casting Zuko's voice is one that- unlike the others- immediately and quite violently threw me out of the story and the characters. Hell, people are already calling Iroh II Zuko. It just makes the actual structure of the way the story is being told more transparent. I'm suddenly aware of the voice actor when I'm trying to concentrate on the new foxy character. This is a problem with the way the story is being told and thus is a different problem altogether from the story and character elements you named.

@Seefy - I'm commenting on a relationship in a TV show having never been in one. The closest I came, neither me or the girl really said anything about liking each other. We just sat together and sort of... would gravitated be the word? So yeah, I see what you mean. I'm just a little annoyed that every single work of fiction involving a romance has to have a conflict formed by a misunderstanding between the lovers that persists till the end of work, where it's quietly resolved according to the Hollywood Formula by the lovers just talking to each other.

Yeah, people are terrible communicators (myself especially--just look at my emails, especially the rushed ones). I don't think it's unrealistic. I just think it's annoying, both in real life and in fiction (therefore, I will make every effort to make my emails less awkward).

Quote Originally Posted by zizi View Post
    SPOILER! :
    Oh, I agree, but I think the problem with casting Zuko's voice is one that- unlike the others- immediately and quite violently threw me out of the story and the characters. Hell, people are already calling Iroh II Zuko. It just makes the actual structure of the way the story is being told more transparent. I'm suddenly aware of the voice actor when I'm trying to concentrate on the new foxy character. This is a problem with the way the story is being told and thus is a different problem altogether from the story and character elements you named.
    agree

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I don't really think the VA thing needs spoilering, but I wish he had changed it a little. He should have some range as a professional, and it's cool having him back, but the exact same voice? It also doesn't suit someone that age. It barely fit the original character in the last season.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    They could have at least digitally altered it, even if only to take the pitch down a couple steps.

Matt: yeah, how it's being dragged out is pretty annoying. DX Oh! And I should have an e-mail for you tomorrow or something; my classes are FINALLY rolling to an end—FOUR MORE DAYS.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 06-17-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Okay just saw the end, I was expecting mediocrity, but this was horrible.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Funny. Most people I know, myself included, thought it was by and large amazing.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

A lot of things were rushed too much and didnt make sense. And i would've like it more if they freaking explained some things :l

I don't know how you consider your bad taste and the one of your friends as "funny".

SPOILER! :
    Why the final episode was a piece of bullshit? let's start in how taking bending from korra, but then creating a ex machina to gave her bending back is one of the worst things they could have done, not just that, but they gave korra the ability to gave bending backs, taking away the whole weight of action that Amon did. This just prove how little the writers were ready to make real sacrifices on the story, and how the lack of these sacrifices destroy the meaning of action from the character and obviously the empathy you feel. When Lin lost her bending was meaningful, not just because she was a character with a lot of spotlight, but she lost them for a good cause, now that she have her bending back, it make her action less of a sacrifice.

But you could argue "they didn't knew the avatar could gave bending", and I would just have to quote Amon as a kid who said "the avatar is the most powerful being" (not literal quote), which is true and why is so flawed to start a story with an almost full grown avatar. If Amon knew that the Avatar is unbeatable, then why would have he thought that his mimic on taking bending away would work? why he didn't thought the fact that if the avatar can take bending away, it can also gave it back? Or that if the avatar defeated his father, just entering the avatar state, what made him think that he could have won? The problem is that the whole story is around a flawed character who is the most OP being the world, against someone who basically did everything as a theater scene. The worst thing about this, is that Korra won with airbending, while Amon was still a full grown bloodbender.

Then we have Asami, Douchebag and Twat. How is possible that they have a emotional struggle and the best answer is "not now asami"? If everything, this is the best time to find what is going on. But okay, lets skip the horrible love triangle, and lets just say that the whole love story just teach us this, twats and douchebags are for each others, and any other character who was emotionally wounded mean nothing for us, making us, the equal douchebags and twats that these other 2 character are. If anything, Korra never was a strong female character, it was just a twat that only cared about her self, even in the end, everything was her "don't love me, because I can't bend anymore", what the deal with that? why not "don't love me, because we are just a bunch of assholes who wounded everyone"? The deal is, Korra, is the worst character ever, and the story was told in a way that, if we loved her, we would become as equally awful.

This critics can go forever, the whole episode 11 and 12 were just horrible.