Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: New Last Airbender Series (trailer included)

Lets see, at the moment I haven't seen anything wrote by the producer, creators, screen writers, and so on. So I really don't know if its true, but if its, its pretty retarded.

SPOILER! :
    Well, Bya, you got your Bloodbending. Happy now?

SPOILER! :
    THIS EPISODE. MAN. ALL OF THESE FEELS. I'm totes going with Tarlok is Amon. I JUST HAVE TO. Like I legit am hooked on this series now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

I usually refrain from saying things like "I can't wait for such and such" but I can't wait for the next episode.

I hope T... ah, should probably spoiler this. Episode 8 spoilers:
    SPOILER! :
    I hope Tarlok isn't Amon. I hope he just legitimately wants to protect the city and has a really good reason behind it. This being reminiscent of the American 20's, I remember McCarthyism was still officially 30 years away, but apparently it started in the early 1900's. Obviously, Tarlok's actions are McCarthyism, but less accurate (I've read that McCarthy at least accused mostly communists. Mostly). I'm interested in seeing how the writers take this one. In the original series, they took the middle ground on a lot of topics. I suppose this could be accomplished by, like I said, just keeping Tarlok out of vast, plainly evil conspiracies and making him just a darker shade of gray than Korra (I love that she actually acknowledges, albeit grudgingly and even while lying to Tarlok, that she's similar to him. And I love that the writers didn't come out and say this, but left it in Korra's faltering reaction to Tarlok's accusation).

Considering the flashbacks to the original Team Avatar, he's likely part of something. I hope it's good. Either make me hate this guy to death while mostly understanding his motives or just let me understand his motives with out hating him. Or do something completely unexpected, like in Last Airbender.

One last thing: adult Sokka and Toph--I need to see more of them.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-04-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Matt, did you finish AtLA? :'D!!!

Also, waaah, I was camping this weekend, so I missed the new Korra episode! Buuuuut Nick put it on the website tis morning, and I just finished. (:

SPOILER! :
    I don't know why they are surprised that bloodbending can't happen outside of a full moon. If you're a concentrated/powerful enough bender, you can pretty much bend anything at any time—hence Toph's creation of metalbending: skill and determination.

Also, I know Korra has trying to make a point to Tarrlok about being the Avatar in the last scene, but why on earth didn't she at least waterbend to protect herself? It's probably her ridiculous pride. /facepalm

Also: WHY ARE KORRA'S CLAVICLES DRAWN SO LOW? IT BOTHERS ME.

Yeah, I finished it. I've been meaning to email you back, but wanted to get completely caught up in Korra and write more of my story to make it worth your reading time.

Details in the email. Incoming in about an hour.

Just watched episode 9, so 23th is a one hour season finale.

Does anyone know when the second season starts of korra? (Also the last season i think)

SPOILER! :
    Yes Sy i am, and im with CF on the whole bloodbending without a full moon.
    Also TBH. I found amon quite, charming this episode. He has like this cool-vibe or am i just being uber shoujo-ish.

Finished episode 9. Thoughts:

SPOILER! :
    I'm not surprised. This being Avatar, I assumed the stuff I questioned up until now would be resolved or explained in an awesome way like in The Last Airbender. But nope. Tarlok really was a big baddie who wanted to rule the city, with no care for the people at all. Amon did seem pretty cool this episode, especially plowing through Tarlok's blood bending.

On that note, that's one thing I actually have a problem with. How are the two blood benders able to blood bend entire groups of people at a time? The first guy bent an entire courtroom full of people, including Toph and Aang. Yeah, there can be powerful benders, but why is blood bending specifically so overpowered? And speaking of overpowered, Amon better have a simply amazing explanation for how he's able to walk through bending that subdued numerous high-level benders.

I liked episode 8, but as a pseudo-conclusion to 8, this episode is disappointing. Like, where did the original writers go? Their plots were so much less predictable, and their characters were so much better than "I take over Republic City, lol."

I'm skeptical now, but I'm still holding onto a bit of hope that the writers have made the first 9 episodes really linear for a reason.

Not a spoiler: I just read that Legend of Korra was supposed to be a bit darker than Last Airbender. I'm not seeing it. Last Airbender had some moments that made me wonder just how it was aired on Nickelodeon. Korra? Not even close. It feels like it's trying to be edgier, but it's just not hitting that goal.

Oh. And Korra's clavicles. Yeah, they're way too low, and I think that's because the artists just want them to be shown whenever possible, probably to drive the "Korra is a strong female" point home. Not really necessary, and I'm thinking there are other reasons.

EDIT: Checked the Wiki. There are going to be 12 episodes:
    The Legend of Korra
    Book One: Air (气)
    101. "Welcome to Republic City"
    102. "A Leaf in the Wind"
    103. "The Revelation"
    104. "The Voice in the Night"
    105. "The Spirit of Competition"
    106. "And the Winner Is..."
    107. "The Aftermath"
    108. "When Extremes Meet"
    109. "Out of the Past"
    110. "Turning the Tides"
    111. "Skeletons in the Closet"
    112. "Endgame"
    Last edited by Matt; 06-10-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Zuko's old VA is suppose to show up in Skeletons in the Closet.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    SPOILER! :

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    How are the two blood benders able to blood bend entire groups of people at a time?
    I'm pretty sure the Water Tribe lady from ATLA bloodbent several people at once to make her "puppets dance," but I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    why is blood bending specifically so overpowered? And speaking of overpowered, Amon better have a simply amazing explanation for how he's able to walk through bending that subdued numerous high-level benders.
    There's only one way to override bloodbending, and it's to be a bloodbender—that is, waterbender—yourself (Katara was the only one who could stop the old Water Tribe woman from manipulating her friends because she had to use bloodbending to override it). I actually suspected that Amon might be some sort of bender, and this just brings the point home (at least to me). The way that Amon kept walking through Tarrlok's bloodbending sugests that he's a bloodbender himself. That, and I assumed in order to take someone's bending away, you had to be a bender yourself (hence why Aang had to be 100% determined before he could take Fire Lord Ozai's bending away; otherwise Aang's bending would be taken away instead of Ozai's).

Amon is probably a chaotic-type character, who, in his days of bending, abused his powers beyond his control. He could have gone through some sort of transformation and instead used his passion to eliminate bending: the thing that destroyed his self and caused damage to others. I think this is what makes him able to recognize the evil in Tarrlok, and though Amon is mislead in his methods, he is still able to recognize that Tarrlok needs to be stopped. This backstory gives him room to be more of a Zuko-like character.

Somewhat serious, perhaps crack theory: Amon is Katara's son (and therefore Aang's son), and that's why he's both a ridiculously powerful bender and able to be a bloodbender. It's known that Tenzin has siblings, but I don't recall if it was ever said if they were all airbenders or not.

All that being said, Katara needs to come out of hiding about being a bloodbender, come to Republic City, and kick some butt. (Note that Katara wasn't in the courtroom when Aang, Sokka, and Toph were bloodbent.) Perhaps Aang will show Korra a vision of Katara bloodbending to get the point across?

Also, yeah, for some reason, The Legend of Korra seems lighter than ATLA, even though the colors used in the show are darker. I think it's because the peripheral characters (Mako, Bolin, Asami, and even little Pabu) are more lighthearted than the ones involved in Avatar (Uncle Iroh, the Kiyoshi warriors, Katara, Sokka, Toph, etc).
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 06-10-2012 at 07:54 PM.