Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: New Last Airbender Series (trailer included)

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    lets form our own society then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmanacnamedTime View Post
    lets form our own society then.
    Equalist.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I still think this show tits.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Are you going to think that outside the law.

JAJAJA... that phrase was awful. But well, everything has been pretty bad lately.

What makes you say so?

You're my favorite.

What make me say what?

That it's been bad lately.

You're my favorite.

oh its a long subject and I would have to rewrite everything I already discussed with Bya. Short story, the show has been going in a waterfall of cliches and rushing the story in some aspects while giving longer phase in less important aspects, specially less important as they have failed to create a empathic bridge between Korra and the audience. This is being reflected by the fact that Amon is way more interesting as Korra, even so we know almost nothing about Amon and he is way less under the spotlight as Korra.

The argument is long and there are plenty of points in why this "story of avatar" is being in downfall from the beginning.

Aang wasn't really interesting or really someone people could empathize with by episode 7 either, and having an engaging villain is crucial to having an engaging story.

You're my favorite.

Aang: lost his people, considered the last air bender (without him the cycle is broken), he is a kid, infantile, have to stop a war and more.

Korra: She is a teenager, she can't connect to the spirit world or the other avatars, problems in air bending.

Tell me, which one of these two avatars have problems that create more empathy? and Which of them has better layers in its personality? And also, you are saying "he doesn't become interesting until episode 7", even if he becomes interesting until episode 10, the rate is way better as in that moment we are still in the introduction, we are still understanding the characters and the world, and we have 61 episodes, getting to meet and understand a character in episode 7 of 61 is pretty good, its a pretty solid moment to go in depth in a character. While with Korra we have 10 episodes (?), we haven't got a reason to care about her (she is basically presented as the avatar and that's the whole reason we should care), she have no posture against Amon (Amon have an idea, equality, while Korra fight him because "is right", while we don't know why is that right, why is Amon wrong? and even if we can disagree with the violence with which he acts, as his idea is still not proven wrong, we can still empathies with the idea more than what Korra present us), and the whole main story is being constantly driven by the conflict and not the decision of the characters, and even when it's driven by characters decisions, it's made in a very bad quality
    SPOILER! :
    like Korra listening a conversation of the owner of the car company, talking with Amon(?)
    . In a nutshell, the only thing that support the serie right now are the fans, because the quality of the serie has dropped a lot.