Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: New Last Airbender Series (trailer included)

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Aang wasn't really interesting or really someone people could empathize with by episode 7 either, and having an engaging villain is crucial to having an engaging story.
    Just gonna go to say that Zuko was one of the best
    SPOILER! :
    villains
    of all time.

But why did we liked Zuko that much? Because we could empathy's with him, we knew about his relationship with his father, and how that become the reason for him to being a villain. Zuko was good and interesting for us, because we understood him and we could feel related in some level with him.

Prove enough that empathy is important and in this serie of Avatar hasn't been taken seriously.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    As of episode 7, Aang was nothing close to a layered character, though he was more pitiable. And we've got 20+ for Korra, by the by. Anyway, not quite sure what you mean by posture, but I think I get yah. And the thing is that she does. You're right in part that we're suppose to care about Korra mainly because the avatar, but we're also suppose to care as both her and Amon's actions have pretty large consequences for the world they live in.

Amon quite obviously has some Hitler-esque themes going into him, wanting to cleanse benders of there abilities as it were, were it not a kid's show he'd probably be into genocide, not really sure how the idea of breaking people can be viewed as anything but evil. There's also some pretty good character development going on. For example, when Korra cries at the end of the episode where she was ambushed and Lin deciding to go help Korra and quit the policeforce instead of going after Amon herself. If anything this is more character driven then the first season of A:TLA. Pretty much all of episode 5 was character building.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

The three reasons I'm still watching Legend of Korra are:
    1. The animation. I love it.

2. Brolin. Enough said.

3. I'm hopping it will get better just out of respect for the original show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I just don't like TLoK as much as AtLA because the pace is wildly fast, and the characterization obviously took a hit in that department. That's all due to the fact that TLoK is a miniseries, though, so I can't really complain about it too much. But yeah, I liked AtLA because every single villain was worthy of my understanding and sympathy. I'm waiting for something like that to happen to Amon's characterization
    SPOILER! :
    Other than him taking a firebender to the parents, because LOL THAT TROPE IS GETTING OLD. (I wanna see a genocidal water or earthbender. XD )

Why not a:
    SPOILER! :

GENOCIDAL AIR BENDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I like the show honestly but I do see a problem with korra. Shes pretty selfish. Shes had things handed to her her entire life and people taking care of her so there is this sense of entitlement to her. She is a teenager so thats to be expected and Ang went thru some "Im the avatar so you should be impressed" kinda moments but Korra is almost milking it. They really should have played up the caged bird part of her (you know. She has everything she could want and all these people there for her but she is still almost a slave to being the avatar and her training never getting to see the real world) for more fan support. Instead it was like "Y u no let me have fun?! I H8 it here! IMA RUN AWAY YOU CANT STOP ME!!! teen angst!'. She even said she has just always had people that took care of her, so shes never worked for anything and still feels like she has the short end of the stick. Maybe that will all play into how she grows as a person and the avatar but for now shes a bit of a spoiled brat.

I started disliking Korra at around.... maybe episode 1 or 2, when she comes across an anti-bending rally, and instead of trying to understand their stance, and how they feel about the attitudes of the majority of the benders have towards them, she basically says "You're stupid, bending is awesome, I really want to knock you down for expressing your beliefs. Hopefully, as the show goes on, she matures, and begins to learn the views of not just benders, but also non benders.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    My theory on who Amon is.

SPOILER! :
    I think it's tarlock (sp?). I think the whole fire bender killed my family thing is a lie. I think he is taking away bending but he's doing it by using chi blocking plus water bending to some how super block the chi flow of benders. He wants to be the only bender in the world because that would possibly make him the strongest person in the world. Some holes to be filled but it's what I came up with.

Edit to add to this.
    So you know where I came up with this I was thinking that we all know that it's possible to heal a person from a chi blocking as well as control a person using blood bending so why isint it possible to make a chi blocking worse using bending? It seems possible since we are mostly water and if chi or pressure points can be affectedby water bending healers it should be possible to do in a combo.
    Last edited by Psy; 05-29-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    SPOILER! :
    His skin tone totally doesn't match.

I'm hoping it's not actually somebody we know.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.