Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: New Last Airbender Series (trailer included)

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    When did they say that?
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

dunno, I read it somewhere in a forum about the serie

Well ... That doesn't mean much, but OK. I didn't have high hopes for it happening anyway.

SPOILERS AHEAD KINDA.

SPOILER! :

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I saw the first 2 episodes. Korra is annoying as hell, I understand they are making a strong female character, but her whole personality sucks asses, I would like this kind of self centered personality in a more lame character, but it's really annoying in her because she is the avatar. Typically this kind of personality get changed when clash with reality, but fuck, she is the avatar, she literally bends reality.

And the 2 brothers are so plane characters, they look like something you would see as a typo character with no real role on the story. And the deal is that this is not even making a comparison with the character of the previews avatar, because when you do, you can see a step back on the quality of the characters personality. Now this can be because it's not planed to be a long serie, so making elaborated characters would challenge the deadline of the serie; it also can be that the characters might go deep in further episodes, but really, their first appearance is nothing like when you first met Soka, Katara, Aang and Zuko.

I like that the city looks like something in the 30's and there are cars now, I also like that there is a movement against benders. Still, characters at the moment are very weak and they don't really drive me to keep watching (still I will do, with hope to eat my words and find the serie become better than what it is now).

TBH, Korra was always raised in isolation, so she doesnt know much of the " world ", i think they are going to further develope her personailty as well, i mean her personality is probably one of the reasons she can't connect with the spirit world, and as a avatar she will have to change that, since when can a avatar bend reality, she is meant to CHANGE, however i think she will have to change :l ... So i don't really see the big problem here... But she definitly needs to become a bit smarter, but no one is perfect and the avatar is human for a reason as well (recalls episode where aang was thaught that)

And true dat on the story thing/first appearance , i heard this serie will only have 26 episodes while ATLA had 62... BUT a lot can still happen in 26 episodes, and maybe MAYBE more, since they havent started book 2 yet? (i read this somewhere) ALSO i've heard that there will be an animation coming of the promise but im not really sure... The promise is AFTER the ATLA ending, but what i didnt get is why they didnt air that now, but my sister said it was that the idea of korra was supposed to come when ATLA was still ongoing, and they didnt know how many die-hard fans would come and wonder what would happen or something, but like i said I'M NOT SURE.

Just watched episode 3, a lot of stuff going down every episode, a bit too fast actually... But it looks promising!
    And i was really hyped, when i was watching it the 25 minutes seemed like 5 minutes xD..

Also i'm a bit scared of the whole romance thing, not that there wasn't romance in ATLA, but i hope they don't thicken it too much because ATLA was more than just romance, so i'm hoping this too... (the fangirls are scary, very scary about the romance D: ) I blame the trailer with the kiss!
    Last edited by Byakuran; 04-22-2012 at 06:25 PM.

TTGL was 26 episodes and some real shit happened in it.

In Avatar they were pre to early teens. They're 17 now. I think we'll have a bit more romance going on.

oh yeah... i ALMOST forgot that..But still i'd like not tooooo muuuuuccch, if you know what im saying. I like romance but i want it to develope casually or something man, i just want to enjoy the show thats all, and i think i will.
    i like korra's voice but it sound so mature sometimes i dunno...

Also Samurai Champloo was 26, although the ending was niffy, hey FLCL was 6 episode...
    Back to LoK, SCARY FANGIRLS ;A;
    Last edited by Byakuran; 04-23-2012 at 05:49 AM.

FLCL was 6 episodes wtf are you talking about. Additionally, the guy who played Mugen (and Leeron) plays Amon.

Oh yeah sorry >__<,, I confused it with something else... ANYWAYS...

Amon got me to get goosbumps and a shiver of my spine so, awesome.

EDIT: aaaah guys have you seen episode 4 it got leaked? (i wish i could watch korra on nick, i guess ill just have to wait then its in the netherlands but i'd watch it again anyways)
    SPOILER! :
    You know i liked Makorra, a little too much, i was kinda sad when the whole mako and asami thing got leaked, i'm not mad like some of the makorra fans haha, i mean its cool i just need to wait where this show is going. OHWELL ; __ ;
    Last edited by Byakuran; 04-27-2012 at 10:29 AM.

I'm not even interested in the romance, Bya. I'm looking forward to some more bender-chi blocker brawls like in ep. 3