Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 306

Thread: New Last Airbender Series (trailer included)

  1. #61
    One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A box
    Posts
    1,141
    Oh, lol. Sorry, that sounded a little rude. It's not that I didn't like the original series, it's just that I didn't like Aang as the Avatar. I understand it was originally geared toward kids/teens, so they made a character that was relatable, but he just got on my nerves for some reason.

    I don't really know, actually. It was a long time ago since I watched it, so I don't really remember. I was already planning on trying to re-watch some of it soon as well, so don't worry about that. :P
    Last edited by Ozzaharwood; 12-06-2011 at 11:16 PM.

  2. #62
    Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elizabeth's Court
    Posts
    5,824
    Oh, I see. You can stay around. I guess. :P
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

  3. #63
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    Oh, lol. Sorry, that sounded a little rude. It's not that I didn't like the original series, it's just that I didn't like Aang as the Avatar. I understand it was originally geared toward kids/teens, so they made a character that was relatable, but he just got on my nerves for some reason.

    I don't really know, actually. It was a long time ago since I watched it, so I don't really remember. I was already planning on trying to re-watch some of it soon as well, so don't worry about that. :P
    I think if you only got through season one, that's understandable.

    The Nick channels, for a while, were only repeating late Season 3 episodes. This was great because the plot-driving episodes were epic, and even the "filler" episodes were great for character building and creating suspense for THE FINAL BATTLE.

    Later, they replayed a bunch of season 1 episodes, and it's incredible to see how immature Aang was. To the point where I was like, "Did he really act this ignorant and oblivious?" He kinda annoyed me at that point too. But really, Season 1 had a far more whimsical tone to it, so I guess it makes sense.

    If you can, I'd suggest watching Season 3. Aang has matured quite a bit by then, so he'll likely be less of a pain.

  4. #64
    Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elizabeth's Court
    Posts
    5,824
    He grew with the viewers. Which is why Korra is 17. :P
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

  5. #65
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,764
    Aang starting out as a stupid kid is one of the things that makes the story so good. If you like super static characters you will of course hate the show. All the characters are really dynamic.

  6. #66
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Aang starting out as a stupid kid is one of the things that makes the story so good. If you like super static characters you will of course hate the show. All the characters are really dynamic.
    Yeah exactly. It's INCREDIBLE just how much he changes, and how hard it was to notice on a simple episode-by-episode basis (kinda like how real people change). It wasn't until I looked back and thought: Jeez, is he really worried about penguin sledding right now? With all that's going on? Because the first time I saw it, the series had just started and no one realized the magnitude of the situation.

    It's kind of a dark, ironic theme now, seeing how much fun he had at the beginning now that I've seen what the rest of the world was going through.

  7. #67
    3000th Member Byakuran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,403
    The creators said the old characters are dead, but they will still appear through flashbacks and avatar communication also their kids i guess... So you should watch it Oz, it's p. good when you get into it.

  8. #68
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakuran View Post
    The creators said the old characters are dead, but they will still appear through flashbacks and avatar communication also their kids i guess... So you should watch it Oz, it's p. good when you get into it.
    ALL the old characters? I know Aang has to be gone, but I didn't know everyone else was. Not that it isn't reasonable, since they'd all be 80+, but we've had 100+ characters before.

  9. #69
    Sir-Mass-a-Lot Sylux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    ALL the old characters? I know Aang has to be gone, but I didn't know everyone else was. Not that it isn't reasonable, since they'd all be 80+, but we've had 100+ characters before.
    They retired and ate themselves to death it says so here.

  10. #70
    Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elizabeth's Court
    Posts
    5,824
    We know Katara is alive, and I think it's been stated Toph is as well.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •