Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: New Last Airbender Series (trailer included)

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Zuko showed up today and we still have a 2 part finale next weekend I think?
    SPOILER! :
    That wasn't zuko, but it was his voice actor. I think it was his son...? (and his second child, since his daughter is the firelord right now)

The finale is 2 eps right, 1 hour finaleeee wheee...

Also
    Mako is a big douche.

Mako is the biggest asshole supported in a serie and Korra is the crappiest "I'm a strong woman" ever. But that being said, fuck good that this episode showed more real human emotions, it didn't exploit those as much as we would want
    SPOILER! :
    (Tenzin new baby is a big deal, Tenzin family as the last air benders and friend sacrifice, which is a "fuck yeah" as they finally sacrifice a important character; those subjects are extremely import ants and made more human the characters)
    , but we all know that there are 2 more episodes, making this a pretty ok episode. I feel that, this kind of emotional problems, are the ones to be presented at the beginning, or close to it, not in the end, as we must care about the characters before the story reach its climax.

Zuko's voice was really weird, as the character looks way older than Zuko, and it kinda doesn't fit.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakuran View Post
    SPOILER! :
    That wasn't zuko, but it was his voice actor. I think it was his son...? (and his second child, since his daughter is the firelord right now)
    SPOILER! :
    That's what I meant. Zuko's VA. I think it's his grandson actually. His son would have probably taken the throne had he had one.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    SPOILER! :
    Yeah, if it was Zuko's son, he would be Lin and Tenzin's age. So I'm guessing it's his grandson, too.

SPOILER! :
    He must have had his first kids pretty young, then. Either that or everyone else just waited awhile.

Is it just me or could the Mako/Asami relationship problem be resolved if they just sat down and talked for, like, thirty seconds? And why do characters in fiction never seem to do just that? In the middle of a large conflict, they have a subtle relationship issue that's slowly tearing them apart and will inevitably lead to a "startling" betrayal. I hope that's handled differently in the next episodes.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    SPOILER! :
    I'm pretty sure we know that Lin and Tenzin were had late. I think the creators said that Zuko's in his 80s. Tenzin and Lin are in their 40s or so. It's very much so possible that Zuko had kids before Toph and Aang did.

It definitely could, but that'd be no fun for all the crazy shippers. I also doubt that will be resolved in the finale.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

You're my favorite.

SPOILER! :
    Mako is a douche, and a boring one at that.

Bolin forever.

Lin is my hero.

Korra and Asami should solve things by getting together and telling Mako where he can shove it.

Also, yeah, I think General Iroh II is most likely someone's grandson. The timeline works fine; some people do have kids early, and especially as a Firelord that was instated under such strife, Zuko and Mai would have been under pressure to produce an heir that would entirely nullify Azula's claim to the throne, and cement their rule.
    Last edited by zizi; 06-17-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Matt:

SPOILER! :
    Well, as simple as that sounds, most real people aren't even that practical. I remember in class this semester, our guest speaker asked, "So, how have any of you given consent in physical relationships?"

Someone said, "Isn't that awkward, like a moment-ruiner? Having to ask for consent?"

I was the only one to raise my hand. I said, "Well, my boyfriend and I just sat down one day and talked about it. We asked each other what each of us are comfortable with, and we told each other where each of our boundaries were in that point of the relationship. Before we talked, though, whatever we did always was asked about beforehand. He asked me if it was okay for him to hug me, even, the first time. But after we talked about consent and what we're comfortable with, if one person wants to go further, they would have to ask if it was okay first."

The guest speaker said, "Wow, that's really good. Has anyone else done that?"

And it was totally silent. Not one single person had, though I was the youngest person in the room. Some people were over fifty years old, even, and it just shocked me that no one had had that conversation. It seemed so natural; it wasn't awkward or anything, and it only took about ten or fifteen minutes. Then it was all good, and we never had to worry about what the other person was comfortable with.

People suck at communication. I'm discovering that more and more as I get older. When something awkward is going on or whatever, a lot of people won't tackle it head-on. I'm not like that, because I think that a quick chat can solve most small probablems. 

I think that's exactly what's going on with Mako. He's not good with people. Think back to the first couple episodes. Mako was really sucky with communicating with Bolin about how he was uncomfortable with Korra around. Stuff like that. Mako sucks at talking to people about certain things, and though it could easily be resolved, he doesn't want to do that. And that does t really mean that there's bad writing in that department, because real people are like that too.

Zi:
    SPOILER! :
    And Zuko was more apt to have children sooner, considering that he was four or five years older than Aang.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 06-17-2012 at 06:51 PM.

People suck at communication. I'm discovering that more and more as I get older. When something awkward is going on or whatever, a lot of people won't tackle it head-on. I'm not like that, because I think that a quick chat can solve most small probablems. 
    welcome to the team. You are one of us now.

Exactly, all of the above.

SPOILER! :
    the fact he has Zuko's voice is going to really throw me off, though. I'm not sure how wise of a decision that was, but we'll see.