Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abhish's beginner work

Abhish's beginner work

well this is my first work ever are i hope i get better in this because i need a lot of improvement to do . please tell me my mistakes in this and how i can improve it .

avoid making the chin pointed , make it a little rounded. your every character u made they look as if they are going to play NEGATIVE ROLE IN MANGA. HAIRS make it a little bit loose not so hard spiky. AVOID long necks.
    for the SIDE FACES you are making the nose too long avoid that.
    well if it is your first time its ok .
    PRACTICE LOTS OF FANARTS THEN JUMP TO TUTORIALS FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING..
    i guess that will be enough for you to improve.. I USE TO DO LIKE THAT BEFORE.. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Hmmm... the face shape needs a little work. Instead of making it look like a v shape, with one fell swoop, make it more like a shield shape. Don't forget the cheek bones. (if that makes sense - I'm sorry ^_^
    Also, don't be so exact. make looser pencil strokes. Using "seeking lines" helps but you gotta remember to make them light. When you got a bunch of seeking lines you pick the ones you like the most by darkening them.
    OBJECTION!

it's good for a 1st try, but try and avoid the generic manga look (big eyes pointy noses and crazy hair and mega pointy chins!) try looking at other comic artists not just manga! see how they draw faces then make your way to drawing bodies and don't get stuck in fan art! review the styles you looked at and apply them to your own work, be original don't just draw other peoples work people don't want to see that, originality is the way to go! also when you get brave enough to try inking use a dip-pen or a paintbrush to get really exciting lines instead of the same width all the time, don't stick to the guidelines of manga you got to be brave and step out of the circle!
    Last edited by Jahkofhearts; 07-24-2011 at 05:37 AM.
    Hey Check out my blog! where I add my Comic BREAKER- and all sorts of fancy artwork
    www.jahkofhearts.blogspot.com
    or www.poniesonmeth.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by trilokcool3 View Post
    avoid making the chin pointed , make it a little rounded. your every character u made they look as if they are going to play NEGATIVE ROLE IN MANGA. HAIRS make it a little bit loose not so hard spiky. AVOID long necks.
    for the SIDE FACES you are making the nose too long avoid that.
    well if it is your first time its ok .
    PRACTICE LOTS OF FANARTS THEN JUMP TO TUTORIALS FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING..
    i guess that will be enough for you to improve.. I USE TO DO LIKE THAT BEFORE.. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE
    thanks for pointing that , i would try my best to get that right , the thing was that some person gave me a tutorial in ms word and i just read a few pages and was trying it . it was y first work in sketching so i think i need a lot lot lot of work to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tora View Post
    Hmmm... the face shape needs a little work. Instead of making it look like a v shape, with one fell swoop, make it more like a shield shape. Don't forget the cheek bones. (if that makes sense - I'm sorry ^_^
    Also, don't be so exact. make looser pencil strokes. Using "seeking lines" helps but you gotta remember to make them light. When you got a bunch of seeking lines you pick the ones you like the most by darkening them.
    well i'll try that , to be true this all is very new to me and most of the stuff and technical words go over my head , but i guess by time i'll get it (atleast i hope so) . thanks a lot for the advise about seeking lines (if i understood it correctly ) . i hope you will help me the next time a post something too

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkofhearts View Post
    it's good for a 1st try, but try and avoid the generic manga look (big eyes pointy noses and crazy hair and mega pointy chins!) try looking at other comic artists not just manga! see how they draw faces then make your way to drawing bodies and don't get stuck in fan art! review the styles you looked at and apply them to your own work, be original don't just draw other peoples work people don't want to see that, originality is the way to go! also when you get brave enough to try inking use a dip-pen or a paintbrush to get really exciting lines instead of the same width all the time, don't stick to the guidelines of manga you got to be brave and step out of the circle!
    well manga is something totally new for me as i am from India and people here don't know the first thing about it and also don't know what . there is a lot of stuff that i don't get right now , but i'll try hard to . i really want to learn how to sketch because i want to go in a creative career , like animation or fashion designing , and you know for that i need to be very good in sketch art . there is no one i can ask for help around me for this as everyone is going into engineering , so i guess this site is my only place to learn it right now

well first thing first, are you a boy or a girl?

then for the crit, i'd just like to point out that in faces, the distance between the eyes are one eye apart.
    well i'm the type of guy that when i crit it already to someone, i don't want to crit it again to someone else, cause i hate repeating stuffs.
    but okay, in the face, to make it look good just make sure that there is a cheek,
    in some people they make they eyes too big to make it look cute but if the cheek is not visible. it's not cute at all, the whole face is not all about eyes and chin, there's a cheek as well.

when you make a circle, make sure that there is a cheek as well and just not going for the chin.

what you are from INDIA ....ME TOO
    also facing the same fate as you.. EVERYBODY GOING FOR ENGINEERING ... me joining eng. college nxt month
    WELL i didnt get help either so i started experimenting my drawings and i somehow perfected making drawings i use to draw 20 to 25 naruto characters .. and hell yeah after joinning this community i improved a lot more
    BECAUSE I WANT SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT THAT THIS SITE PROVIDED ME

Sorry, also just remembered something too. Guidelines are important. Seeking lines help. But a great exercise would be to just draw pieces of the face as well. This kinda goes along with what Trilokcool said. Take some of your favorite manga off the shelf and just draw eyes, noses, mouths, etc. Fill up pages. I remember doing that when I started drawing this style. I really feel that this helps to build a style. It allows you to closely examine the styles of other mangaka and let's you choose what you like or don't like about the way they draw. Eventually everything will mesh together and instead of drawing "Naruto eyes" or "Katsura Hoshino style eyes" you'll be drawing "Abhish style eyes." ^__^
    OBJECTION!