Thread: Tundraknight's little art corner

Tundraknight's little art corner

Too soon for me to start a critique thread??

SPOILER! :

I did this late last year while at work over a period of a week or two. I don't usually ever get to backgrounds so at the time it was a first for me. Would appreciate any feedback on what i can do. For some reason i made everything look like its leaning to the right. O_o
    Last edited by TundraKnight; 07-29-2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: adding spoiler tag to clean thiings up :)

It's never to soon to start one.

-clown foot.

Has you study normal human anatomy or you just jump to shojo/anime style?

well just go on for CHARACTER DESIGNING leave the BACKGROUND LATER ....
    just go through HUMAN ANATOMY TUTORIALS at the same time do FANARTS for better understanding....

nah, it's alright to get good with backgrounds first, though it might be difficult but if you want fast improvement then i guess it's good.
    well it kinda is a very long explanation to crit the background, so i suggest you read this

@ClockHand The only book on anatomy I have is Human Anatomy Made Amazingly Easy by Christopher Hart, I bought back in 2000-2001 from what I remember. Now that you mention it the feet really do stand out O_o. I guess I'll have to break out the book and get back to the basics .

@trilok Characters are a priority but I got sad at seeing them always floating in space so I decided to try putting up backgrounds to give them someplace to be. . I checked out a tutorial on backgrounds and man on man even more stuff to take into consideration. oh well just more of a challenge.

For comparison purposes here's something I did back in '99.
    SPOILER! :

and something I did late last year, early this year (kinda fuzzy on the date, should probably start writing them down again)
    SPOILER! :

One thing I try to do when I can is putting the hands and arms in motion or at least holding something. I got tired the of the both arms down at the side look all the time.
    I had no idea how to properly create the folds in her dress at the time. Something I'll have to go back and practice.
    Having references is another habit I really need to form. Far too often I simply start drawing with no real direction and either complete something or I don't, but without something to refer to I'm thinking there's certain aspects that look too dull because I'm not sure how they should look.
    Last edited by TundraKnight; 07-29-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Banned
    Your drawings are cute, study anatomy a little bit and you'll be really good