Thread: Having issues with legs...

Angry Having issues with legs...

Hey guys. In a fit of frustration, I have a question.
    I need a bit of help with the anatomy of one of my pictures. Oberon's legs are making me cry
    Can anyone give me any advice or sketches even as a visual aid so that I get a better idea of what to do. The thing that's throwing me off is the perspective.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I think the general idea is ok with the lines you have going on now. What is more important is how will he be sitting? Will he sit on top of his shin or will he have it to the side?

One possibility would be to have his right leg up with his right arm kind of resting on the knee and the left leg along the ground with his left shin running under his right knee.

Here's a quick sketch of what I mean.

Another option would be to have him with his legs hanging over a ledge.

@Rio: I really couldn't decide on how I wanted him to sit. It was frustrating me. But the thing is I couldn't have him sitting in a way/manner that didn't look right for him. He's supposed to be stronger so I couldnt have him sitting like a girl.

@Nisaren: That kind of pose didn't even occur to me. I'll have to try it... Thanks! It'll also keep with the composition I had in mind. I wanted one of his legs outstretched a little. The ledge thing wouldn't work though. The setting will be a forest.

I have very grandiose plans for this image.

no try crossed leg