Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon lives!

Panzer Dragoon lives!

It's been eight years since Panzer Dragoon Orta on the Xbox, longer than the time between the Saturn's death and Orta's release by a third... But now, it looks like some magnificent pariahs are gonna dig the series up in style. For the Kinnect, no less...

Might not be much to go on as yet, but the original series director (Yukio Futatsugi) is also involved in this now, giving Reg some pretty damn high hopes... I might even actually buy a Kinnect to play it. XD

///

For the uninitiated, the Panzer Dragoon games were a bunch of rail shooters from the ninties that played like starfox riding a godzilla monster. On top of that, they had orchestral music, sweeping landscapes and gigantic bosses I'd compare to a fast paced Shadow of the Collosus. Criminally underplayed due to the Sega Saturn's lack in popularity, they have real heart and effort put in...

Even Saga, the sole RPG of the seires, -released during the system's twilight, and sustaining the death of two team members during it's development- is a damn masterpeice that butts heads with the likes of Chrono Trigger.

So... *Ahem*... I'm not shreiking to deaf ears here, am I?... >_>
    Last edited by Regantor; 07-22-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I've heard of Panzer Dragoon. It was one of those series that everyone liked so much that it was hard to find the game. And if you did find the game it was expensive. :\ Kind of like Mother or Ico.

With so much interest from the dev's, I wonder if they're going to bring the series back kind of like Kid Icarus.

D-did you say suda 51!?

pretty sure he meant soda

i recal playing it on the original xbox.
    it was pretty damn epic, too bad there aren't many copies of it.

Man orta was weak you otter play the other ones

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    D-did you say suda 51!?
    Gweh, the more I search for actual sources on that, the more it looks like somebody just got confused and mixed this up with Codename D (Grasshopper's own new Kinnect Title)... Anyway, removed that note for now. Pretty sure it wasn't fifty one sodas, through... >_>

Man orta was weak you otter play the other ones
    I liked Orta better than Zwei, personally. Might be way too short, but they definitely put mega effort into the plot... And graphics... And music...
    Last edited by Regantor; 07-22-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Was there a Dreamcast one?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Nope, but the same team (renamed 'Smilebit') did make the Jet Set Radio games.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    The graphics look dated. I'm not one to pick on graphics, but when the FMV's look like PS1 FMVs, you get a little concerned.