Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MKKibousha 2012 Art- After Four Month Absence...

thanks for that bit Egoslip, I'm working on it!

Felt like doodling a little fan art, so I drew Shoyo-sensei from Gintama. ^o^

I know he looks a bit awkward though XD

Incomplete manga page, I haven't inked all of the background and I decided to redo the blank panel. >.<
    the hand and foot are both weird too. ^_^''

Last edited by Chuchu; 04-12-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Hmm.. the main thing I see wrong with this one.. is her right arm, (our left).. looks highly unnatural like that.. it should be foreshortened a bit with her elbow pointed towards the viewer.. and if not that.. then her forearm needs to be foreshortened to where it's going kind of behind her back.. also her hips.. are a bit off.. slightly look disconnected to me.. other than that.. good stuff.. awesome design and lots of movement :3 keep it up!

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    The face feels really flat to me on the last panel. And the flatness stands out even more due to the great job you've done making the torso look 3D. I think maybe angling the head a little would fix it.

hi! im gonna comment on ur last picture. i think the dynamics and emotion of the drawing are really good! her hair is being used quite um...artfully to give her decency but it sort of resembles a bunch of feathers as you get closer to the bottom because of all the layers. my advice is to block out specific pices of hair to keep her decent that flow right from the head to the tip of the hairs and add others around them to make it realistic and interesting
    hope this helps!

Wow, that is a difficult pose to work with...

Egoslip mentioned her right arm already, but I'd also add that her right hand looks to be the wrong way round - if the palm is facing forwards, her thumb should be on the inside and her little finger on the outside. Be careful about the size of her legs too. Her left leg looks bigger than the right, which makes it look like it's nearer the viewer when I think, for the way she's standing, it ought to be the right leg that's closer.

I like the persepective on the sword though and your crosshatching work is lovely.

Also, her left (our right) big toe appears to be on the outside of her foot, whereas it should be on the inside. Not that big of a deal, but it was really bothering my OCD mind

Sorry for the super late responses! But thanks so much for the critiques on that piece guys! If I use that pose in the future, I'll pay more attentions to the details! ^^''

And after four months I've drawn a lot, but I only have a few pieces I thought were worth a critique...

Someone commented that the eyes and way the head was drawn made her look like a creepy Yandere, sorry 'Hime! ^^ Is the tone work weird?

That's all for now!

I like both of these a lot! On the first, the tone looks fine to me. These eyes aren't the same height, so the face looks a little off balance. On the second, the breast on the left is larger than the other. It's not super noticable, but I thought I'd let you know.

I hope this helped! Keep up the great work!!!

Uneven breasts and eyes, lol got it! Thanks!