Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MKKibousha 2012 Art- After Four Month Absence...

Sir-Mass-a-Lot
    Not too fond of Birichuu but it looks good and I'd like to see a comic made by you.

@Blackdragon thanks for the review (and you're not stupid, it's a common thing we all do!)XD
    I'm afraid I'm in no position to give anyone pointers on coloring, I use to do it digitally but that photo was colored by hand and I'm in need of good tutorials so I cam improve!

@Sylux Ooh, thanks. I'm almost done with a short doujin for a friends birthday, maybe I'll post it here for some critiques.

Here's a panel from that said doujin, I haven't added tones or backgrounds yet. Hopefully the full page will be posted soon.

It's my brothers b-day today! So I made him a poster with the main characters of his manga. :3 He had a lot to say about it (crit-wise, low boobs! XD) I'm hoping it matches with you guys.

Last edited by Chuchu; 03-13-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Hey-o :3

Nice picture. I really like the set up and how comfortable every is with each other. The colors are nice, too :3 As always!

I think another thing (besides her breasteses) with the chick in the pink kimono is her waste. To me is seems a little long. Maybe shorten it up a bit. The guy right above her seems to have a really long right arm, too.

I like detail you put in the clothing :3
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

haha yeah, I pretty much screwed the anatomy up everywhere in that one. XD Thanks for the input, I'll be sure to put more effort into things like that.

New drawing, this time of myself~ (So what I "exaggerated" some things, sue me.)

I wanted to post it as a sketch first, but some things came up and before I realized it I'd inking and colored it one night. I noticed a few things around the neck and eyes, is there anything else amiss?

Looking at other artists on MT is fun and a little depressing~ I don't feel like I've found my "style" yet. >o<

I see what you did in the mouth; I would suggest to not use such strong lines in around the lips because it fight against the line in the mouth.

I would also want to see the same shading you did in the body, in the hair. A continuity in the use of the shading.

Overally I like the shading and the way you painted it (the hair is kinda a step back compared with how everything else looks).

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I see what you did in the mouth; I would suggest to not use such strong lines in around the lips because it fight against the line in the mouth.

I would also want to see the same shading you did in the body, in the hair. A continuity in the use of the shading.

Overally I like the shading and the way you painted it (the hair is kinda a step back compared with how everything else looks).
    Thanks for the advice. Looking back I see the things you pointed out. I never really considered that bit about the lip, so thanks for pointing that out to me. And I admit when it came time to shade the hair I was at a loss and it came out very dull looking.
    Anyway, thanks again and I'll work on the things you mentioned.

Looking at other artists on MT is fun and a little depressing~ I don't feel like I've found my "style" yet. >o<
    Now when have I thought that before?

Three things I noticed for critique:
    1. Are your collarbones really that far apart?
    2. I think you went a bit overboard with the shiny hair. Highlights are handled differently in nearly every style, but it generally doesn't look like that unless the light is REEEALLY intense. The light does look intense in the picture, but not quite that much. Seefy gave me this advice awhile back: don't do highlights with white. Use lighter tones of the color you're working with--close to white, but not white.
    3. The way you've got the hair parted make it look like her hair's growing out of her forehead. I can't explain this very well, so I'll doodle up something when I get to my tablet. I'll edit this post then.

EDIT:

I said in the picture I'd post a thumbnail, but there's really no need for that.
    Last edited by Matt; 03-21-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Matt I disagree with your redline and critiques. Not because are bad, but rather because are going against the style she is trying to deliver.

My first three points, I can see where style would enter into it--mostly the hair highlights. The other two, I'm still a bit wary of.

I still think the skew is a problem, regardless of style.

Chuchu, while I'm here, I should probably mention that the manga panel in post #12 looks awesome. I don't regard complements as highly as I used to, but that one just stuck out to me.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I am not sure if that's a part in her hair or stitches?
    With this kind of haircut I don't think a part is necessary considering that you have all the hair (both sides of the part) going forward in the same direction. If one side went forward and the other went horizontally to the side of the head you would need the part defined.
    If its stitches then they are covered by way to much hair (for head stitches in the hair they shave where the stitches go. I've seen it on quite a few people) and needs to show more scalp around where the stitches are.