Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MKKibousha 2012 Art- After Four Month Absence...

Red face MKKibousha 2012 Art- After Four Month Absence...

I don't know if you remember me, I was "WannabeMangaka" on the old forums, you know, the girl with that disgraceful artwork?

Well, I wasn't just sitting around. Thanks to your support and helpful criticism, I was able to improve and return to the place where my long struggle first began.

I still have a long way to go, but I'm having fun with it~

First, here's examples of how I drew when I first joined MT and the first months after leaving.
    SPOILER! :

And now all my recent stuff (last 5-6 months)

Did this yesterday morning, it's my most recent picture.

And some of my colored artwork
    SPOILER! :

Update for 2012~

-Sorry it's blue and sideways, I used it for a background earlier. >.<

-This is apart of a poster I'm drawing for my moms birthday, any advice on what I can do to fix it?

As always, please speak your mind. I love criticism; actually I live off of it, lol. So fire away~
    Last edited by Chuchu; 08-02-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Hey! the colouring is nice and your lines are good, but one note of advice is to try working your own characters? it's good to see your starting to discover tones
    the last one of Ichigo and Orihime is good with the foreshortening but I think the faces are a bit....
    try looking at other styles? or study a bit of anatomy (it' s a big step but you should have a crack at it!)

other than that keep up the good work!
    Hey Check out my blog! where I add my Comic BREAKER- and all sorts of fancy artwork
    www.jahkofhearts.blogspot.com
    or www.poniesonmeth.blogspot.com

For the last colored picture, the couple standing in the field. For some reason to me the girl's left breast looks much larger than the right.

I love the angel picture, I like wings but have such a terribly hard time drawing them, I make mine look so generic and bland

The fact you are having fun with drawing is the best part and what'll keep you motivated. Thank you for putting some before and after pics. It can be very encouring to see how someone's artwork has evolved. Keep up the great work.

arrrhhhhgggg!!! i see a lot of improvement chart that people make here on mt.! and i don't want me to take years just to improve something like that!

i refuse to take much time to improve! you guys get to do bankai in 10 years but i will find a shortcut like ichigo did!

anyway for the crit: make sure you keep this in your mind

3 types of folds(atleast in ramiel's book)

1.fold affected by gravity
    2.fold affected by tight parts
    3.fold affected by movement(twists in the body)

you just do your fold randomly and just do it to make it look of whatever your liking.

i actually commented something like this to boz and i hate explaining too much again.

so here i'm just gonna qoute it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel View Post
    SPOILER! :

first i don't really know what the pose of this guy suppose to be so i just do what is the most possible thing i could make..

now here comes the real thing, hope you pay attention
    on the bottom picture i made a cylinder of some sort, one is turn to the right and one is turn to the left and one is just neutral.
    you can think of this as the basic guidelines for the clothing, if it's turn from the right then the clothing is turn as well. if i remember correctly in anatomy muscles is almost similar to this.(too bad i didn't study it)
    SPOILER! :

now you should think: what part of the body is being turn? leg? body? arm and so on. and you can make some guidelines on where it should be placed.
    SPOILER! :

note that i don't do this and don't make some lines before doing it.(it's too much work and i hate too much work)
    so anyway you should take consideration where the tight parts as well and fold are actually affected by that as well.. how you think of how it was affected is up to you.

other folds are affected by tight parts, and other fold are affected by the movement. the best way to understand this is to look for real life, talk to your friends and ignore what their saying and just focus on what fold their clothes have.(just don't do it to girls or you might be mistaken as a pervert, hey wait! it's much worse if you get mistaken for a pervert from guys)

anyway hope this helps, i got this info from a drawing book, although it's not the drawing book i gave you.

i just like to add that folds differ from what type of clothing he/she wearing. leather, plastic yadda yadda. and ofcourse if the shirt is tack-in in what i did here, it's still different if it's not.
    anyway i messed up with the turning and forgot that this is back view, but i hope you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkofhearts View Post
    Hey! the colouring is nice and your lines are good, but one note of advice is to try working your own characters? it's good to see your starting to discover tones
    the last one of Ichigo and Orihime is good with the foreshortening but I think the faces are a bit....
    try looking at other styles? or study a bit of anatomy (it' s a big step but you should have a crack at it!)

other than that keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the advice! Faces are my weak spot for some reason, but I'm working on it. And I'll definitely draw more of my own characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TundraKnight View Post
    For the last colored picture, the couple standing in the field. For some reason to me the girl's left breast looks much larger than the right.

I love the angel picture, I like wings but have such a terribly hard time drawing them, I make mine look so generic and bland

The fact you are having fun with drawing is the best part and what'll keep you motivated. Thank you for putting some before and after pics. It can be very encouring to see how someone's artwork has evolved. Keep up the great work.
    Haha, yep! Everyone I showed it to pointed out the breast problem to me, but I swear I'll master them one day! XD
    And thanks, the angel is one of my favorites. It was the first time I've ever had to draw wings, so I didn't know if they looked awkward or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel View Post
    arrrhhhhgggg!!! i see a lot of improvement chart that people make here on mt.! and i don't want me to take years just to improve something like that!

i refuse to take much time to improve! you guys get to do bankai in 10 years but i will find a shortcut like ichigo did!

anyway for the crit: make sure you keep this in your mind

3 types of folds(atleast in ramiel's book)

1.fold affected by gravity
    2.fold affected by tight parts
    3.fold affected by movement(twists in the body)

you just do your fold randomly and just do it to make it look of whatever your liking.

i actually commented something like this to boz and i hate explaining too much again.

so here i'm just gonna qoute it.

anyway i messed up with the turning and forgot that this is back view, but i hope you get the point.
    Thanks so much for posting that!!! I'll remember that! *Loves tutorials on folds*

Banned
    The last ones are really cute but you messed up the eyes on the blonde girl (2nd drawing) and your first girl has uneven boobs and looks a bit too masculine but I guess it may be the character's style

Quote Originally Posted by Leannah View Post
    The last ones are really cute but you messed up the eyes on the blonde girl (2nd drawing) and your first girl has uneven boobs and looks a bit too masculine but I guess it may be the character's style
    Thanks for the critique~ I'm working on improving on those things!

Update for 2012~

-Sorry it's blue and sideways, I used it for a background earlier. >.<

-This is apart of a poster I'm drawing for my moms birthday, any advice on what I can do to fix it?

Wow, quite an improvement, I applaud your effort to perservere after leaving. I myself, well I sadly gave up when I left. I could learn quite a bit from you when it comes to preseverence.

Great work on the coloring, however the others have covered all that was not so good about your work, but I still think you've improved nicely, nice job, and keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
    Wow, quite an improvement, I applaud your effort to perservere after leaving. I myself, well I sadly gave up when I left. I could learn quite a bit from you when it comes to preseverence.

Great work on the coloring, however the others have covered all that was not so good about your work, but I still think you've improved nicely, nice job, and keep it up.
    Thanks, hearing that has really motivated me! It sometimes feels like I'm not improving at all, but I'll keep trying!

Anyway, posting something else while I'm online. The eyes are too far apart and the lips are a little slanted in this one, are there any other things I should work on guys?

Last edited by Chuchu; 02-24-2012 at 08:10 PM.

I really like that blue one you're working on for your Mum :3 But I'm not gonna critique it. :P

The last one you posted is really awesome! I love how well you color--I really suck with coloring things. You could give me a few pointers.

One thing I want to point out, is that I think her eyes are a little too far apart. It could just be the style (which is a very unique, and I like it) but I think you might move that left eye (our right) a little closer into the face. I could be wrong, but that's what I'd suggest.

I love the braids! And I love how you're not afraid of detail--plus you do it well! Uber cool

edit: duuurrr....I just actually read your post, and saw you mentioned the eyes. I'm stupid, sorry! Please forgive me.
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 02-25-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique