Hey I was jk man I just like the anime anyways
Three Trio Tres Member
I actually agree, bleach has got to be the only anime where 80% of the people in it's fanclub hate it (though it's mostly because they don't understand what they are reading and they call it full of plotholes). i'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but it atleast deserves more recognition.
Well Bleach and Naruto are going to be hated because they're inherently non-ingenious manga. Compare this to something like Bakuman, Shin-Chan or Gintama and there's a different field we're playing on. Those are enjoyable manga with an air of freshness or fond familiarity to them. Also, despite what people may want to think, Death Note and Code Geass are on the same playing field as Naruto and Bleach, even though the guy who did Death Note did Bakuman. I don't read much manga, so I don't know what most of the things in this thread, but I think that's just a testament to their unpopularity.
Never read the manga, but since we don't have an anime version of this thread:
-Kenichi: History's Strongest Disciple
-Birdy The Mighty
-Hokuto no Ken
Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er
I don't know about calling them unpopular. Most of the stories that were recommended do have followings and a few that I've already read have gone well past 100 chapters and are still ongoing; they're just not as widely known as Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, and so on. It's like comparing the popularity of Harry Potter to any other fantasy book out there for teens. Just because they aren't in the lime-light doesn't mean that they're not being consumed and appreciated by someone else.
Originally Posted by Sylux
Hmmm - Kenichi's "popular" imo. I don't think it needs any more love than it does now.
It's only popular because of FUNimation... I've never seen it in a bookstore here, and I've lived in 4 cities and regulared all the Barnes & Nobles. Don't anymore, but that's cuz they closed in my city.
Ying Yang Member
My problem is that, as soon as I read a manga and finish reading it I forget it after a couple of months! Not the story line but the name of the manga....
back to topic; Uhmm I think that these manga's need more love
- "ID" Interesting plot, can be a bit difficult to get the entire story but magnificent drawings!
- "Legend of Tyr" it has a fantasy, adventure plot just like ID although the story has it's own uniqueness.
- " B reaction" martial arts, 18 + if you have read Unbalance x Unbalance you will see some similarities.
- " Cage of Eden " one of my Favorite manga of all time, the story line is stunning and exciting, it's almost impossible to predict what's going to happen next. Although it has some popularity the manga it self is not translated weekly, that's why I think it lacks the love it fairy deserves!
- " A flame inferno " If you've read " Legend of Maian " or " Freezing " and found it to your liking. I advice you to read this manga. The artist is absolutely magnificent and one of my personal roll models. Not only does he draw multiply manga, but he also has different styles for almost each manga. A flame inferno is not translated weekly, not monthly even that's why it lacks proper attention from the readers.
- " Ryuuroden " Ahhh another beauty, I read the basic explanation of this manga from a forum I cannot remember, honestly speaking I had my doubts however that changes after I read the first chapter! Brilliant story line and stunning art work. The drawings are a bit shabby at the beginning but the more you read the more you get inspired. I've never seen so unique and detailed drawings when it comes to the anatomy. If you have read the manga " Histories strongest disciple kenichi" you will also see some similarities.
Well this is some of the manga that need more love and. I recommend them to all of you!
PS; I'm sorry if someone already has posted this, I skipped to the last page so I didn't read the comments.
Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er
So I found this manga recently and it's just so freaking hilarious that I have to mention it here:
Summary: Sumire is a 17 year old high school girl who wants nothing more than to make friends with her new classmates. She's so dissappointed that they all seem to hate her, calling her a pervert, a dirty old man, creepy, weirdo... alas, what is a poor life-sized puppet to do in this cruel world?
Slice of Life, Comedy
101 Dalmations Member
What the actual fuck? That is amazing.
Originally Posted by Rio
So how long has that thing run for
Fifty Fifty Member
Jumbor is by Hiroyuki Takei, the man behind Shaman King and Ultimo (both of which could use some more love as it stands). Jumbor is about a man who dies and is put into the robotic body of a child. One version briefly ran in Weekly JUMP for 10 chapters as a Shonen manga, and now it's a Seinen piece running in Ultra Jump. The Ultra Lump version only has 5 chapters out as of now, but apparently it's been running since August 2010, so it should have more. But I guess that's why it needs more love.