Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: This Manga Needs More Love!

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    Why is that some people have to be sooooo big in Kongou Banchou?
    Here's a new concept: Suspension of belief. /sarcasm

A lot of things happen in manga that are not realistically possible. Most pull it off by calling it fantasy, brush 'em off as super-human or other things. If you want something more realistic, go read a manga like Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Awww, you don't like Aiki? Ah well - to each their own.
    It's not that i don't like it, moreso that it just feels too different from what i'm used to out of Isutoshi so i have trouble really getting into.

Anyways more lesser known but good (IMO) series that i somehow forgot in my lst post.

Otaku no Musume-San

Kouta is prime example of an Otaku; He plays dating sims, collects anime figures, the works. Unbeknownst to him he has a nine year old daughter, Kanau. As Kouta tries to learn to be a father, Kanau learns to deal with having an otaku for a father. A Slice of Life comedy with occasional bits of drama, It does have some WTF moments that can drag on but it's over all good.

My Two Wings (18+)

Hiromi's cousin Makoto is moving in with her and she can't wait. When a tall and very pretty girl shows up at the door Hiromi wonders why she remembers 9 years ago Makoto being a boy, even having seen his 'parts'. It turns out Makoto is a hermaphrodite. Now the sheltered Makoto must deal with average high school life, all while keeping her gender a secret. An offbeat high school romance/drama whose ending falls a little flat but has a great ride up until that point.

Historie

A Historical Manga by Iwaaki Hitoshi that follows the life of Eumenes, a well known Secretary and General for Alexander the Great. The early chapters are the highlight as Eumenes' childhood is largely unknwon giving the author free reign, but it still manages to be very good as you get into the more historically constrained parts of the tale.

No Bra

Masao Kataoka is an average high shool student who has just gotten a new roommate, a cute girl named Yuki Nomura. Yuki is very glad to be living with her childhood friend Maa-kun, though Masao doesn't remember Yuki. More pressing than that is that Yuki is actually a cross dresser. Now Masao is left questioning his sexuality, while also trying to figure out if he is or isn't yuki's childhood frined Maa-kun. and that's all before yuki starts going to school with him. Another High school romance/drama with an interesting hook.

Chii's Sweet Home

The stories of the day to day life of Chii, a lost kitten taken in by a young couple and their toddler. A slice of life comedy with a few heart wrenching dramatic moments.

Othello (by Ikezawa Satomi)

Yaya’s high school friends haven’t been very nice. They call her “Yaya the cry-ya! Yaya the misfi-ya!” But no matter how badly they act, Yaya is just too naïve and trusting to believe the worst of her friends. Hard-rocking, butt-kicking Nana is just the girl to grab hold of Yaya’s timid demeanor and turn it upside down. Nana exposes Yaya’s “friends” as slime bags, doles out punishment, and does it all with style. Can there be anything that terminally shy Yaya and hyper-confident Nana have in common? Well, for one thing, they’re the same person.
    An interesting Shoujo series, kind of hard to describe in more detail than the copy paste above.

My Girl (by Sahara Mizu)

5 years ago the love of Kazama Masamune's life left to study abroad. Now at age 23 Kazama has lost contact with her, but still carries a torch for her. When he hears of her death, he attends the funeral where her learns that she had a five year old daughter, and he's the father. A slice of Life Drama about a man getting used to having a 5 year old daughter.

Saint Young Men
    What if Jesus and Buddha were living on Earth in modern times? What if they shared an apartment in Japan? Saint Young Men is a humorous manga about the daily lives of Jesus and Buddha, with each chapter focusing on some element of modern life, such as Disneyland, rush hour on the train, Christmas, the public pool, carnivals, and more.
    a very odd couple like comedy that works surprisingly well without being (overly, i mean the basic premise is arguably sacrilegious) offensive to religion in spite of the large potential to be.

Expect to see at least one more post from me, there are still a few more manga i want to post here, but slow updates for the translation mean i've lost the thread of whats happening/why they are good.
    I have no problem with you spanking me. However, I have a huge problem with you not spanking me...

I was reading no bra, forgot about it though. I love what I've so far.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Finished Banana no Nana - :thumbs up:
    Currently reading Worst :thumbs up:, Shut Hell :thumbs up:, Crow :jury still out - only read one or two chapters - got stuck reading Worst :P :
    I started Hayate x Blade awhile back but forgot about the series - will continue after I'm done with Worst.
    Double Arts was ok, imo. (I think Kingdom Hearts when I see the art in this series - must be the hair)

Anyone else reading recommendations from here?

Chi's Sweet Home is the cutest, most adorable kitty manga evah. I can't believe it didn't come to mind but yeah - read it! It's up there with Yotsuba&!.

Yotsuba&!
    A slice-of-life story of a five-year-old girl, her father (and his friends) and neighbor. Comedy. If anything, just read it for Danbo (aka Cardbo) - the cardboard box robot.

and gangsta as well top notch manga as well as gekkoh and my favourite manga ever Sun-Ken Rock.
    aiki really interesting and very funny

It's more of a shoujo but it's very funny. There's very cute girls and hot hot hot guys. It's also complete. Some might of heard of it... I think it's kinda old.

Vampire Doll Guilt-Na-Zan. (AKA Vampire Doll).
    Guilt-Na-Zan is a vampire aristocrat who was sealed into a cross by Kyouji's ancestor more than 100 years ago. Now Kyouji has revived him--although his soul was resurrected into a cute female doll and can only transform into his real figure when he sucks blood from Kyouji's sister Tonae... But when you combine Goth clothes and hot vampires, slowly but surely everyone will start to feel like one big family!
    - taken from mangafox

O know I know I know "ANOTHER Vampire book!" that's what you're thinking right? Well it's hilarious. Guilt-na is over rated. It's the other characters like Vincent, Dune, Hugo and Dante that make the story. Also Kyouji and his older brother "Night Veil" are incredibly amusing in the way they fight.
    The art style is simply beautiful as well.
    OBJECTION!

Seconding bardic dragoon. Saint Young Men is brilliant.

no bra is horrible

Opinions

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Princess Resurrection. The anime was absolutely atrocious, but the manga is good, with a nice Gothic fantasy kitchen sink, with a cool premise.