Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: This Manga Needs More Love!

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    Ahh thanks Rio, I saw that first gif on tumblr and couldn't track back to where it was from.
    I'm gonna check it out.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ Kodos
    You mean to tell me I could've been reading OP-Man much earlier?! Kodos, you should share these things man!

@ Midori
    Yeah, it totally sucks when that happens. I see a lot of images that I find interesting but I don't know where they're from. =_= Well, at least you found this one! (And you're welcome) :3

I've been reading this awhile now and just noticed the low readership to it so, here it is making it's way to this here list:

Uchuu Kyoudai (aka Space Brothers)
    Summary: One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

Thoughts: This one just makes me smile for some reason. It's probably all the quirky characters but check it out if you just want to read a feel-good manga.

I started reading Shingeki No Kyojin as opposed to just watching the anime and I can''t put it down o.O Why have I not done this sooner!?

I see you've seen the light.... Welcome to the club, Flash.

Speaking of which, I haven't made any recommendations in awhile (maybe because I'm too busy reading them -ahahaha!) so here are three:

Kingdom
    Story: Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states period. Kingdom is the story of a young, orphan servant boy named Shin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there.

Comments: For those who like Historie and great, epic battles this is your series. There is an anime to this but there are differences between the anime and manga (anime cut out certain arcs, moved things around, etc). I also hear that the anime has no blood, the 3D is atrocious, and some other comments but yeah, fyi. Btw, some may see the Chinese name being used so that may throw you off a bit since this story is based in China. Once you start recognizing people though, this shouldn't be a problem.

Teppu
    Story: Ishidou Natsuo is a gifted girl who can achieve anything she wants in sports. Because of this she is permanently bored, as there aren’t any real challenges to her abilites to make her feel alive. One day she receives an invitation of a merry girl to join her martial arts club. Irritated by her happy expression, Natsuo decides to accept the invitation just as a pretext to beat her up, but she receives a shocking surprise.

Thoughts: If you like ARM (All-Rounder Meguru), this series is very much like it in that it's more realistic (no fancy power-ups and all) except the main character is a warped girl. What I like about it as well is it's kind of interesting to see the girls-side of the MMA and a look into MMA in the international arena.

Nanatsu no Taizai (aka Seven Deadly Sins)
    Story: The "Seven Deadly Sins", a group of evil knights who conspired to overthrow the kingdom of Britannia, were said to have been eradicated by the Holy Knights, although some claim that they still live. Ten years later, the Holy Knights have staged a Coup d'état and assassinated the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. Elizabeth, the king's daughter, sets out on a journey to find the "Seven Deadly Sins", and to enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

Thoughts: The guy who made Kangou Banchou is doing this now. You wouldn't think it came from the same guy since the drawing style is different from KB. The art is like those from Muramasa, Dragon's Crown, and Odin Sphere video games. You'll see what I mean if you ever read this series. I've heard some call it art pr0n. Anywhooo, the title sounds cliche but once you start reading, it's fun, unique, and oh yeah - art pr0n... and groping.

SPOILER! :

Anyone else find any manga that needs a little more recognition? :>

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Eh, I can't really tell the difference between what's popular or not... (For example, I read Bakuman and thought that series was unpopular until, well... little did I know, apparently.)

I read Reborn (The Mafia one, not the Hitman one... wait, X__x) but I don't reccomend it... I thought it was pretty dumb, actually. And the Parasite one, also pretty bad in my opinion. (That one might be more popular though, can't say.)

I don't know of any needing love though... Pandora Hearts was good, but again, it's probably pretty popular. Oh, Zombie Powder, if you like deserts and guns. (by Tite Kubo, the one he did before Bleach.) ...was that popular too though?

Uchuu Kyudai is great though. Not up my alley, I didn't personally like it, but it's a wonderful little story.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Popular titles are usually titles that are from mainstream publishers - for example, usually anything from Jump will be well known - or any other series that has a huge following. Whether you like that series or not doesn't really matter. A lot of girls like the shoujo manga Skip Beat but that doesn't mean as a guy, you will personally like it.

This section is for those manga titles that you personally think deserves more recognition. Series that ended short like Double Arts or runs long but is not as popular as titles like Bleach and you think it deserves even more recognition. Of course, everyone's personal tastes will vary so what you like may not be what someone else likes. These are only recommendations.

As for learning if something is generally popular or not, most manga's you can tell by how many people are following it, ranking/rating the manga, fan pages/art, if it's on Jump, and so on. If you Google a title and it has a million pages that turn up - yeah, that series is popular.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Well, in that case...

The only manga I have left to reccomend (that's not that popular) is Demon Eyes Kyo. It's bishonen but the action is still awesome. I don't think it's that popular... there was an anime made a while back that was terrible, I believe it was canceled after the first season or something. The inking is amazing, minimal use of tones... and the pacing is spot-on. You can pick up just about any random volume and pick right back up with the story. Anyone else read this?
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

What's it about?

101 Dalmations Member
    13 (One Shot) by sorachi hideaki