Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Being Nerd to Being Cool

I once tested a guy cause he was wearing an 'e=mc2' T shirt. He said 'Err, something to do with Einstein, right?'. I have just out-nerded all of you. Now drink the vinegar out of my cum.

We can only aspire to reach that level of social ineptitude. Test everyone I say.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I was a regular nerd, and then I grew a beard and started wearing leather. Now I'm a creepy, ugly nerd.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

The trouble with that is you are in real danger of testing someone who is far geekier than you. Seriously, have you ever been have a nerdy chat with a group of friends, and theres some guy there whos a friend of a friend who you don't know very well, and they turn out to have a far more extensive knowledge of the thought process behind Dave Gibbons drawings of Dr Manhattens genitallia than you do, and you think 'Pfft...fucking loser.'

Its weird that, innit?

I usually get excited when I meet people like that but I can see how it'd be frustrating at the same time.

Yeah, you're probably right. Think its more of an insecurity thing on my part. We all wanna be the smartest guy or the funniest guy around the table and when someone comes along and steals you're thunder by being funnier or smarter or geekier than you, you may think 'Asshole.' Yeah, I think I gotta work on that.

Well yeah if they're a total douche about it I'd be like wow what an asshole. Like if somebody started "testing" me I'd be like uh what. I'd probably pretend to not know anything about any of my shirts.

"Radiohead? I figured that was like a brand of microwaves."

Yeah, 'Che Guevara? Wasn't he in the Backstreet Boys?'

Not that I own, or have ever owned a Che Guevara T-shirt, cause that would go completely against the idea of the man. Buying is not rebelling. So if you ever meet a self righteous 'anarchist' type prick who is wearing a Che T-shirt, please tell them that from me. Buying is not rebelling, ya asshole. Sorry for preaching, but its true.

Anyway, on the subject of 'nerdness' which I assume is what this thread is about, I like to talk about comics and stuff with people about as much as I like to talk about everything else. I can't be arsed to read this thread through, but I'm gonna assume that was a valid point.

This thread is nerds raging at people infringing on their hobbies.

Well at least that is what it has become.

Oh, ya mean like people who talk about X-men, Iron man, Blade etc but have only seen the movies and not read the comics?! The horror.

Suppose it depends how they approach the subject. I remember at college a guy I met said he was into Pantera, and when I tried to have a conversation about the band, he quickly revealed that he had only heard the song 'I'm broken' cause it was a music video that ran regularly on MTV2 at the time. Fine, nothing wrong with that, but why say that you're 'into' Pantera when you have only heard one song? Kinda like me saying I really enjoyed The Godfather, but I only saw the first 5 minutes. Huh?