Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Being Nerd to Being Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jubeh
    Why are these people stupid and why is fashion bad exactly.
    I'm prejudiced and I do apologize for that. It's an impulse for me to throw the word "stupid" in front of girls. Bad experiences and the like. I live in a community where the comic world is not an acceptable thing, especially among girls, and is actually frowned upon.
    Most girls I know (NOT ALL), I simply can't get along with because they are fashion crazed or boy crazy. Also, I love simplicity. Fashion holds no appeal to me. Never did. Doesn't matter what I look like, what counts is who I am.

I've seen every episode of voltron the problem is that I was like 8. Regardless, what I'm getting at here is it qualifies me as one of the dumb people you described before. A dumb person who coincidentally has a slight interest in fashion, or at least looking nice. And despite your saying I'd listen to a dude talk about voltron, yeah I would, but why would he bother listening to me? Aren't we back where we started.
    I was being presumptuous. I assumed you were just wearing the shirt. I do totally relate though. I used to watch Gundam G and Spiderman and now I can't remember much about anything. However, I never said you were dumb. And also if you listened to someone rant about voltron I'd say there's a pretty good chance they'd listen to you. If not that's really sad. I know I would.

I don't believe anyone has to gain permission to wear a t-shirt.
    True... but there are people who would appreciate a specific T more than others.

TWO MILLION YEN
    Uh yeah... I'll be taking that back now.

Man you gotta fight for your opinions you cant just give up
    Someone's gotta beat the pathetic outta me I guess. Will it be you?
    OBJECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Tora View Post
    I'm prejudiced and I do apologize for that. It's an impulse for me to throw the word "stupid" in front of girls. Bad experiences and the like. I live in a community where the comic world is not an acceptable thing, especially among girls, and is actually frowned upon.
    Most girls I know (NOT ALL), I simply can't get along with because they are fashion crazed or boy crazy. Also, I love simplicity. Fashion holds no appeal to me. Never did. Doesn't matter what I look like, what counts is who I am.
    I'd say don't criticize fashion if it doesn't concern you. It's fair, right?

I was being presumptuous. I assumed you were just wearing the shirt. I do totally relate though. I used to watch Gundam G and Spiderman and now I can't remember much about anything. However, I never said you were dumb. And also if you listened to someone rant about voltron I'd say there's a pretty good chance they'd listen to you. If not that's really sad. I know I would.
    You didn't outright call me dumb, but you did lump me in the dumb girls category whether you meant to or not. I mean what if it was a fashion statement? What if I was being ironic?

My point was that it goes both ways. You've developed some weird rule system for whether or not a shirt can be worn by a person when really if I were you I'd concede that you really don't need to tell people how to dress.

True... but there are people who would appreciate a specific T more than others.
    Okay?

Someone's gotta beat the pathetic outta me I guess. Will it be you?
    Wat

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I still say we should blame Hot Topic.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    And Hot Topic is apparently bringing out some Sailor Mooon t-shirts now that it's coming back as a manga (don't know about the anime).

Hot Topic is such a flavor-of-the-month store that it's ridiculous. I hate when people are seen walking around with the tri-force shirt, I'm like "oh, cool, tri-force" and they're just like "....what's a tri-force?". They also have Run DMC shirts despite the fact that their entire playlist is comprised of post-2005 screamo and Depeche Mode.

I bet they're going to start whoring out Thundercats, too, since it airs on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    They also have Run DMC shirts despite the fact that their entire playlist is comprised of post-2005 screamo and Depeche Mode.
    Depeche Mode is great, man... and screamo still exists? I thought that shit died years ago. Also how can they keep a genre that essentially all sounds the same going?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Is this really happening right now in this thread

yep. It's goin down.

Yeah...I thought this thread was about from "Being Nerd to Cool". Why is everyone talking about pop culture zombies who don't have a clue beyond iconic imagery?

Hot Topic...I get my watch bands from that place. All my t-shirts with manga, anime, old school cartoons or videogames are vintage. Shit, some of 'em don't even fit anymore. I hate that fact that many these kids that would wear a Tri-Force or a 1up mushroom t-shirt don't know what they're wearing, but I do appreaciate the idea that the images are still alive today & reaching a new generation in some way.

I just test these people with my knowledge on the stuff that they're wearing, inform them on what is (if Iknow) & where it came from. Hopefully I can peek their intrest beyond the real m of fashion.

No offense but what kind of person goes around testing people because they're wearing a shirt.