Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Being Nerd to Being Cool

Fenn

I'll take my terrible arguer badge

I took stances on either end of this debate and was easily proved wrong ON BOTH SIDES.

CONCLUSION: I have no idea where the hell i stand.

Maybe the lesson is: Movie adaptations of (insert any other form of nerdy media here) are only worth it for the action?

No

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    I took stances on either end of this debate and was easily proved wrong ON BOTH SIDES.

CONCLUSION: I have no idea where the hell i stand.

Maybe the lesson is: Movie adaptations of (insert any other form of nerdy media here) are only worth it for the action?
    Infactically no.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    If someone made a movie adaptation of everything the internet is, I'm pretty sure we'd all come to an overall agreement on one thing or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    If someone made a movie adaptation of everything the internet is, I'm pretty sure we'd all come to an overall agreement on one thing or the other.
    David Lynch, Guillermo del Toro (to make the trolls), Gaspar Noé and Hayao Miyazaki present "The Internet".

Quentin Tarantino was spelled because he wanted to fill it with 70 pop culture references.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

I went into rue 21 when the new X men was released. there was a T that said "My ex-boyfriend was a supervillian" and there was a picture of magneto. Stupid girls would wear that just to make a "fashion" statement. "I'm nerdy cos I chose to buy a T like this; therefore I'm cool."

Others would wear it like a badge of honor. "I like comics and I'm proud of it." They'd wear it as a conversation starter and that conversation would not end in "Oh, yeah, I just bought this shirt because geek chic is in, right? I have no idea who this character even is."

BUT! Jubeh wears his Voltron shirt not knowing anything about it. HOWEVER! if someone came up to him and wanted to initiate conversation about the giant robot lions that make up the mighty voltron I'm sure he'd listen to whatever the other dude had to say. Maybe then they'd start talking about idk spiderman or scott pilgrim even. Either way there's a spark there.

Unlike others, he's allowed to wear that shirt because he wears it for the right reasons. And that's because though he's not a necessarily a fan of voltron, he's still a fan.

Am I off base? Please don't yell at me T_T
    OBJECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Tora View Post
    I went into rue 21 when the new X men was released. there was a T that said "My ex-boyfriend was a supervillian" and there was a picture of magneto. Stupid girls would wear that just to make a "fashion" statement. "I'm nerdy cos I chose to buy a T like this; therefore I'm cool."
    Why are these people stupid and why is fashion bad exactly.

BUT! Jubeh wears his Voltron shirt not knowing anything about it. HOWEVER! if someone came up to him and wanted to initiate conversation about the giant robot lions that make up the mighty voltron I'm sure he'd listen to whatever the other dude had to say. Maybe then they'd start talking about idk spiderman or scott pilgrim even. Either way there's a spark there.
    I've seen every episode of voltron the problem is that I was like 8. Regardless, what I'm getting at here is it qualifies me as one of the dumb people you described before. A dumb person who coincidentally has a slight interest in fashion, or at least looking nice. And despite your saying I'd listen to a dude talk about voltron, yeah I would, but why would he bother listening to me? Aren't we back where we started.

Unlike others, he's allowed to wear that shirt because he wears it for the right reasons. And that's because though he's not a necessarily a fan of voltron, he's still a fan.
    I don't believe anyone has to gain permission to wear a t-shirt.

Am I off base? Please don't yell at me T_T
    TWO MILLION YEN

Jeez. Ouch... I thought I made some valid points. Guess not...

Sorry my opinion sucked.

*pays two million yen to Jubeh*
    OBJECTION!

Man you gotta fight for your opinions you cant just give up