Page 39 of 223 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's exercise!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by FrancysPai; 11-23-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Your anatomy is getting better. But say hello to mr spoiler tag first

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    What Slurp said. Nothing dirty about those, but nudity.

@GunZ: That is the creepiest fucking math. I like it. >
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

I should have started doing this ages ago! I'll start now :3

Last edited by Cloudy; 11-23-2011 at 08:00 AM.

*really doesnt understand the use of spoiler tags in anatomy study when there's no cock or vajay jay or bewbs (hell even then come on) showing*
    You guys go into an art museum and request spoiler alerts when there's nude paintings? You're in an art world and you want to draw people, you have to look at nude all the time. So why should it be a huge problem on a forum dealing in the main subject of art, and not only that, but manga, where the subject is primarily people, so you are going to be using nude art as research to get your muscle and structure down anyway.

but I regress, whatever, I'll put them down to keep the peace.

Well, in the spirit of the rules, I think poses communicate lots. You've been mainly drawing some very... um... provocative... poses.

Resisting urge to make wording correction... AGH I CAN'T TAKE IT
    I also think you meant to say "digress" instead of "regress" but that's beside the point

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
    Well, in the spirit of the rules, I think poses communicate lots. You've been mainly drawing some very... um... provocative... poses.

Resisting urge to make wording correction... AGH I CAN'T TAKE IT
    I also think you meant to say "digress" instead of "regress" but that's beside the point
    I did and I often put it in the wrong sense, but that isn't the point we're making.

The ones I draw as "provocative" are usually as my actual pieces....not anatomy studies, which is what this is. Do I have to put every anatomy study as spoiler tags? seems a bit silly to me since even deviantArt don't make you put the content filter on for that.

We don't have anything against it. We are just trying to follow the rules because little kids can use this site. Some people from different cultures also handle nudity differently.

It's not about having anything against it. It's just delaying the inevitable. If you get into the art world and want to take it seriously (otherwise, why else are you in the drawing, tutorials and animation section), you're going to have to study this sort of thing. There's nothing explicit on display. I could have drawn a penis, but that isn't the point of the anatomy study, it was to learn the torso and thighs (something I've been having trouble with).
    There was absolutely no provocative intention to it. That's what my critique thread with a very large NSFW warning is for.

If you use posemaniacs (and if you're studying anatomy, why aren't you using it?), this is the absolute norm, hell the hand viewer has straight up penis in it.
    If you go searching for any anatomy study on somewhere say, the artists hospital on dA, you're going to find studies like this. Do they have mature content filters? No. Because there's nothing crude and rude on display.

This is also an "Exercise" thread. The point is to learn learn learn. How can you learn the human form without drawing it down to it's finest details (sans going into muscle groups and skeleton structure), exactly?
    In almost every anatomy study, you are going to find nudity, yes, even down to detailed structures of the naughty boy bits.
    So as an art site, this shouldn't be a huge fuss.
    Last edited by FrancysPai; 11-23-2011 at 06:27 PM.