Page 58 of 227 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    yeah you can't make new layers but there are six that already exist for use. I think it would help if you continued to cel-shade for a bit. I can help you one-on-one in GB sometime. The way I color is only like step past cel-shading, really. If you knew how easy it was you could prolly get it down quick.
    Maybe. I don't think I'm progressing very fast, so you'dprobably get frustrated with me.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    hey we all gotta start from somewhere right. When I first joined MT I didn't even color at all. Like I didn't even know how. I only started coloring consistently 2 years after I joined. Rofl.

hey we all gotta start from somewhere right. When I first joined MT I didn't even color at all. Like I didn't even know how. I only started coloring consistently 2 years after I joined. Rofl.
    I just feel like I should be further along than when I first started by now.
    I've only got this to show at the moment (I started drawing in September :<)

take it one thing at a time. If you're working on anatomy, commit yourself 100% to anatomy, then move on to coloring. No need to stress yourself. Right now you're only pursuing drawing as a hobby so you have no deadline. The only objective is to get better, right.

take it one thing at a time. If you're working on anatomy, commit yourself 100% to anatomy, then move on to coloring. No need to stress yourself. Right now you're only pursuing drawing as a hobby so you have no deadline. The only objective is to get better, right.
    While it's true, I'm something of a perfectionist. so I disappoint myself constantly T__T"

haha don't worry. Every two weeks I basically wipe clean my art folder because all of the stuff I drew previously looks like crap to me. I know how that is.

haha don't worry. Every two weeks I basically wipe clean my art folder because all of the stuff I drew previously looks like crap to me. I know how that is.
    I was told by a friend that in art, I'm gonna have to be prepared to throw everything out from the first two years because all that point is is the basics. From there on, you start getting it all down and detailed.
    You're constantly learning, but those first two years are where you start with the basics.

Yep. Two years can be shortened significantly if you get the right kind of help. There are plenty of good artists on GB who can help you in real-time.

Yep. Two years can be shortened significantly if you get the right kind of help. There are plenty of good artists on GB who can help you in real-time.
    Aye, I'll keep that in mind. I was trying to draw with absolutely no structure lines. I guess it...kinda went ok?

it's pretty good. Guidelines will help keep your proportions intact, though, which is useful in poses with two characters or complex poses.