Page 57 of 229 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's exercise!

do you use reference when colouring? using your eye to try and match the suitable colours is a good start, if you have a tablet come on Group Board and have a look at what the artists are doing on there

i suggest finding video tutorials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_1JP...ayer_embedded#!

this one is from MT's own Sunny! she is really good at digital painting and finding suitable colours
    Last edited by Cloudy; 12-21-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy-Chan View Post
    do you use reference when colouring? using your eye to try and match the suitable colours is a good start, if you have a tablet come on Group Board and have a look at what the artists are doing on there

i suggest finding video tutorials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_1JP...ayer_embedded#!

this one is from MT's own Sunny! she is really good at digital painting and finding suitable colours
    I don't use referencing, I try and go off where my head is telling me. I recently started doing reference skin tone when painting and had some shocking results XD.
    I can't get on group board, it never lets me log in.

I've looked around tutorials, but some of them aren't very in depth :< I've just learned colouring off my own sort of grounds until now.

You need to install the latest Java for the GB

Does this thing have layers? If not, how on earth do you keep everything so tidy.
    This is like, my first GB sketch AND my first time not using a single structure line;
    Not using structure lines feels like the hardest thing ever, you seriously have to just try and remember where it all is.
    But I guess that's a good thing because it's training your muscle memory into not making mistakes.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Oh snaps it's Billy kane.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Oh snaps it's Billy kane.
    HEY HEY HEY!

Seriously, he's part of my main KOF13 team. As soon as I started playing him, I just haven't stopped wanting to draw him.
    Lovable yet irritating troll of a guy <3

Billy Kane is like the Kilik of KoF. Very good character.

As for advice on coloring: I see you did it all on one layer. There are layers in the GB yah you just gotta look on the side bar for em. It would make coloring a lot easier. And have you tried cel shading before? I mean no blending. It's a good way to practice defining forms with shading. If you over-blend colors they begin to look muddy.

Kilik cannot be bested

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Billy Kane is like the Kilik of KoF. Very good character.

As for advice on coloring: I see you did it all on one layer. There are layers in the GB yah you just gotta look on the side bar for em. It would make coloring a lot easier. And have you tried cel shading before? I mean no blending. It's a good way to practice defining forms with shading. If you over-blend colors they begin to look muddy.
    I have done cel-shade before yes.

And I tried making layers and it was like "You're not allowed to do that" so I gave up -_-"
    That and I couldn't figure out what half the tools did so just winged it, got frustrated and stopped.

yeah you can't make new layers but there are six that already exist for use. I think it would help if you continued to cel-shade for a bit. I can help you one-on-one in GB sometime. The way I color is only like step past cel-shading, really. If you knew how easy it was you could prolly get it down quick.