Thread: Rag doll body software?

Question Rag doll body software?

Hello. Long time since I've been here.

I've long wanted to buy a wooden rag doll to help me with poses, but the money have not been in my favour. Now recently, I began to wonder if there is any software for windows computers supporting this.

I'm looking for a software where you get the model of a wooden human rag doll that you can move around as you'd like and screen shot. It would be of much help for action poses.

Does anyone here know of such a software?

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Hello, well I remember having some kind of idea like that in the past and searching fervently for it but the closest I could find was this Blender ( I don't know is there is a version for windows though) ... here is a small demos on it http://blender.freemovies.co.uk/stickman/ ... It is not a software aimed specifically for poses but the two first steps are good enough and there is even a finished downloadable versions so all you need to do is learn how to grab and move the stickman around. I remember spending many sleepless nights learning how to use it and going through a bunch of tutorials about it on youtube but now I have forgotten everything...I have searched for other source for drawing poses so now I use http://www.posemaniacs.com and http://artists.pixelovely.com/practi...feet-practice/

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Nomena; 01-14-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    Always searching for source of inspiration...
    Nomena

Right, blender. I got that. It've gotten a lot better in time I assure you. Though I've never tried using it for this purpose. Guess I could, but it would take a while. Those other 2 sites might come in handy, thanks Though it's not exactly what I'm after... Maybe I could try and create a software like it using blender and some adobe...

Not sure if it has a mannequin like the traditional wooden ones, but DAZ 3D would give you poseable figures and the software itself is free (as, I think, are some of the basic characters for it). I actually find its main rival, Poser Pro, has a better interface, but it's an expensive thing to buy.

That looks interesting. I'll sure check it out.

just use source sdk or gmod brah

nah. Daz 3D has proven useful :P Source SDK and gmod is stupidly difficult to master. Especially when there's better options :P

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Daz 3D is very useful, I still have it myself, even if I haven't used it in a while.

There are also poseable mannequins in Zbrush 4.0 and onwards, but the program is pretty impossible for the regular person to get their hands on without pirating it. The interface is also crazy hard to get used to.

3Ds MAX has a poseable skeletal figure called the biped. It's mostly used for animation rigging, but I used to use it to quickly block out a pose.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."