View Poll Results: So, please, tell me, how am I doing?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

4 11.11%
  • Good, but you could be better

23 63.89%
  • So-so, you're getting there

6 16.67%
  • Try working a bit harder

3 8.33%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: BB's Crit Thread - Color and Line Width

Well, the different methods for drawing perspective is just approximations of the true perspective. Look at it this way, perspective is really how objects relate to each other and the horizon. Now the thing is that the horizon is curved, right, so basically the wider panorama you paint the larger the number of vanishing points. There's more to it, but I don't know it. The easiest way is just to look and see; does it look like true perspective, or not. In this case, I say not. The upper edge on the facing wall would look better if it was tilted down by a few degrees towards the edge of the canvas, and that's why I think there should be a second point somewhere on the horizon.

So yeah, I hope that made some sense, it probably should have been included in my previous post. Sorry about that. *apologetic smile =>

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    details makes them a bit unpleasant to look at
    wut.

Re: Perspective - The assignment was to work in first point so that's what I'm doing. I should have a two-point piece up in a bit.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Yeah jeez way to be rude Rubisko gosh

That's not what I'm saying at all. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    Nice animal studies, all the jagged lines and details makes them a bit unpleasant to look at though...
    Haha, yeah grammatical fail I guess. What I meant is that the jagged lines (the feathers/fur = the details) makes the drawing unpleasant to look at.

Perhaps, but they're there, so...

He's saying make your lines softer

You've improved since I last dropped by (I don't even wanna know how long that was). The animals look like something you'd see on some kind of logo.

As for critique, I'd have to agree with the 7/8 heads thing. 7.5 and 8 heads are drawn a lot, but dumpier-looking people are actually around 7 heads tall. Like me (5 ft 7 in). I agree with you in that what's "ideal" isn't always what you should draw, but I think I remember you've always drawn your people on the short side--which isn't necessarily a critique so much as an observation of style.

On that picture for English class, why not add some perspective to the books?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    He's saying make your lines softer
    Oh ... Definitely. I have major trouble with the way I draw as I hold my drawing utensils really weirdly. It's always something I'm trying to work on. Those are actually some of my sopftest line if you look at my stuff in general.

Though, if that's what he meant that's what he should have said. I'm not exactly the brightest at times, giving me subtle hints as crit isn't going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You've improved since I last dropped by (I don't even wanna know how long that was). The animals look like something you'd see on some kind of logo.
    Matt!

As for critique, I'd have to agree with the 7/8 heads thing. 7.5 and 8 heads are drawn a lot, but dumpier-looking people are actually around 7 heads tall. Like me (5 ft 7 in). I agree with you in that what's "ideal" isn't always what you should draw, but I think I remember you've always drawn your people on the short side--which isn't necessarily a critique so much as an observation of style.
    Noted. *nods* Most people around me just seem short. Not that I'm tall or anything ... Not that that's a valid excuse per se, but that might be why.

On that picture for English class, why not add some perspective to the books?
    Honestly IDK, I guess it just didn't occur to me. Anyway, the assignment is in now, but I'll definitely remember it for next time.

Anywho. An old Pokemon Fan OC jumping or something. Cross-hatching is fun.

Pokemon is the only thing I've ever made fan characters of. Let's see here...
    -Spiky hair
    -Scarf
    -Headband
    -Distinctive facial features

Let me guess: this guy is the main character?

Anatomically, it looks pretty sound to me. A bit of advice, though? I'd recommend making his jump just a little less symmetrical. Some people jump fairly symmetrically (like the third guy from the right in the upcoming URL), but I think a little variation could make it more dynamic.

After all this time, I'm still jealous that you can make such clean lines.