View Poll Results: So, please, tell me, how am I doing?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

4 11.11%
  • Good, but you could be better

23 63.89%
  • So-so, you're getting there

6 16.67%
  • Try working a bit harder

3 8.33%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: BB's Crit Thread - Color and Line Width

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Not really sure how to awnser that. I like my style, and the pictures that are up in here aren't the most detailed of the stuff I've done, but I find it enjoyable (no prejudice or anything. None.) ;P

However, I'm always looking to improve... Hell, who isn't?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Your style is nice so far, but a few clothing folds here and there and a little bit more depth in your drawings wouldn't hurt (look at the fingers in the previous Pokemon pic). Also, sometimes you draw things awkwardly. It's hard to explain but try to make your characters more SOLID in terms of posture and linework. Your pictures look a little "wobbly" right now, I guess.

Ah, let me explain that, a few picturs have been inked (The Joker and the old man) w/ a marker and not a pen, so they're a bit splotchy. (And I don't have the steadiest of hands.) But yor point is well taken.

You're my favorite.

Hi Bacon,

You're working hard and that's good *thumps up* ^_^
    Let's see what we have here.. mmm:

- Try to work on anatomy because it will help in drawing the correct posture. I'm working on it but still have mistakes.. that's normal =)

- Hair; they need to be worked on. There are good tutorials about them on the internet. Find the style of hair you like, and then learn the other styles to enrich your drawing knowledge and skills.

I noticed that you have a style which is something excellent. No, I'm not flattering. Someone (not someone the member) was drawing excellently on GP and he told me that finding a style is among the hardest challenges for an artist.

Maybe every artiest has his own hardest challenge =)
    Keep going on, and I'll visit from time to time.

I like how you vary the eyes between characters. It gives each of the characters more personality. My favorite one is probably the pokemon one =P. I like the simplicity of the drawings, but I do think that adding some more detail would help. Like the dangly-things on the pokemon-guy's scarf: they look great and help distinguish your drawing, making it unique and "pop-out." Adding things like that and other things like pockets will also help distinguish the drawing. Good job, and keep at it!

First off, you've really improved since the old forums, and you've taken a major leap forward into the perfect artstyle. I was shocked when I saw these and remembered the old posts of your art - it really has improved critically. However, I have one question for you: how the heck did you apply those tones in MS4? I've been trying to do it for so long...I can't figure it out...but yeah, the artstyle is pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Yara: Yep. Everyone needs to work on anatomy. (Well... almost everyone.) And yeah, hair. (CURSE YOU HAIR!!) It's something that I need to work on anyway, but using a Tablet makes it even harder...

Tsig: lol, thanks. And yep, details. Can never have too many.

M3S1H: Thanks... As for MS4: You know that triangle on the right side of the screen? Click on that, and you'll have this thing called the Beginners Assitant come out. About half way down the Begginers Assistant you have these different Tabs. One of them is called Tone. From there, it's all pretty straight-forwards.

Anyway, haven't been posting much lately. Been busy. Anywho, I'm entering the MaMo competition. So yeah, I'm adapting a Short Story by JK Rowling... I wont post any pages till it's done, but I'll post cover which is done now. I think. I might go back and do more. I don't really know. :P

And because of this competition, I wont be doing many drawings besides the pages... I did ust download Googl Sketch-Up though, so I may mess around with it, and upload some pictures from that if I do anything that needs... Commenting.

You're my favorite.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    The guy on the right's eyes are not lined up properly, and one is practically off the edge of his face. Guidelines would help you straighten that out. And that thumb around the handle is lookin a little flat.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Hey cool! You added the speed lines and a dark tone in the back. It looks way better than before! One thing you should do now that you have a dark background: you should make the outline of the dark-haired guys hair white. It'll make it pop out from the background and really stand out. DO the same with the guy driving the motorcycles but instead of his hair, make the outline of his clothes white where it hits the dark background.

:/ That seems like a lot of work... Maybe I'll get around to it, but I'll remember it for next time.

So I haven't been drawing recently (I've been busy as a bee). But I have done some spriting. Wait what's that you say? What's a sprite? Sprites are those little pixel obect in VGs. And before I ever really was serious about drawing, I sprited. I've been moving away from it, but something in me got excited. So I present to you this little work:

I don't really want C&C for it, but I would like to know which one looks more like Brock from Pokemon.

I'll get back to drawing once the play ends. (March 6th in case anyone actually cares about what I draw.)
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 01-07-2012 at 07:48 PM.

You're my favorite.