View Poll Results: So, please, tell me, how am I doing?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

4 11.11%
  • Good, but you could be better

23 63.89%
  • So-so, you're getting there

6 16.67%
  • Try working a bit harder

3 8.33%
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: BB's Crit Thread - Color and Line Width

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar

BB's Crit Thread - Color and Line Width

An OC. Drawn by hand (duh) and then touched up and stuff in Manga Studio. Because ... I'm hoping to get some more crit. I guess I'm going to start cross posting. =/.

Also, becase my dA is acting weird (not letting me download images, and thus, cant post them) and embeding doesn't work on the older site. Sorry about the oddness the embedding creates, but it's the only way! I swear!
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 01-30-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Well, everything's very clean and easy to look at, which is a HUGE plus =) I really like the tone you chose for the Lady Cleo's dress, since it just seems to work perfectly for the texture. However, her bangs seem skin-tight where they end, so it might be better to have them stick out from the forehead more. And the bottom of her skirt could use some more folds, since she's sitting down and crossing her legs. If you look at your clothing at home and sit down, you can see where these folds are, which might help you draw them. Overall, good job =) That's a hard pose to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsig View Post
    Well, everything's very clean and easy to look at, which is a HUGE plus =) I really like the tone you chose for the Lady Cleo's dress, since it just seems to work perfectly for the texture.
    Well thank you.

However, her bangs seem skin-tight where they end, so it might be better to have them stick out from the forehead more. And the bottom of her skirt could use some more folds, since she's sitting down and crossing her legs. If you look at your clothing at home and sit down, you can see where these folds are, which might help you draw them
    Noted. Though I think that would require me wearing a dress... (To see where the folds would be I mean)

Overall, good job =) That's a hard pose to draw.

So, Anko from Naruto. She's a first of many things for me. (As you can tell from the title. :P) My first picture 2011, my first picture drawn entirely on my Tablet, and my first picture done entirely in Manga Studio.

I'm begining to think I should've left her right eye toned.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 01-07-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Ho hum. Another picture.

A so far un-named soldier I drew in English class. (And then touched up in Manga Studio.) Based on a mentor-like character of mine, and probably will be built into his end design. (If he ever gets one.)
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 01-07-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Hehehe.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 01-07-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Oh come on guys, I've gotten 1 critique in this whole thread.

Fan character for a Contest over at MangaMagazine.net.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 01-07-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Hey, I've checked your thread out before and I didn't really respond because I thought you were doing pretty well. You've definitely got your own style and that's more than most people can say.

But going back over your piece I did want to comment on your Anko piece. I decided it would be easier to just show you what I mean. So here's my first attempt at a redline.

ankoredline

In case, you couldn't understand my handwriting... If you want to make a more feminine character you need to make sure that the nose and mouth are smaller. You can further increase the femininity by giving larger or thicker eye lashes. Also remember that women are curvy and men are angular, giving more of a curve to the jaw will also make it more feminine. Lastly, the hair to me was very Goku Dragonball Z-like which is, I think, a staple of masculinity in manga. Iirc, Anko has a really short ponytail that spikes upwards, show that by drawing that separation.

At any rate, hope this critique helps. It was really easy to draw in the redline, so you weren't too far off.

Oooh! A redline, thanks a ton! I see what you mean though. My ref. pic may not have been the best...

So, some new stuff:

Pokemon OC. Drawn by hand and edited in MS4. (I think this shows that I'm strating to understand lighting.) Because I un-installed my Tablet. (Which I will later re-install, but it was driving my computer NUTS.)

And now in color! Not that MS4 has many color options.

My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Banned
    I like your simplistic style, are you planning on making it complex as you go on or are you keeping it simple?