View Poll Results: So, please, tell me, how am I doing?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

4 11.11%
  • Good, but you could be better

23 63.89%
  • So-so, you're getting there

6 16.67%
  • Try working a bit harder

3 8.33%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: BB's Crit Thread - Color and Line Width

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    Those muscular anatomy drawings are amazing! Particularly the first one I envy your drawing skills :P also dolan is watching :O
    lol bro, those were examples for bacon. I didn't draw them ;P my post was a criticism

Is it just that particular ref you used, or does Dave Grohl really have that demented of a look?

Hm, anyways, very nice job, very nice structuring in the face, and great work on the propoertions, Bacon. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Got all sorts of stuff this time around. Some alleged "anatomy" practice...

@Toast - I was talking about the picture above me :P I've only just realized you had images in your post :/

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    @Toast: Yeah, I was doing a thing where I was drawing faces of my friends going off FB photos. I should start that up again.
    @Demonfyre: Thanks mate.
    @Liebe: Well ... I think he looks like that. And my reference was a bit wonky, honestly. So a little bit of both?

Really crappy quality scan, but just a little somethin-somethin that's for a project I'm working on with a friend from another forum.

My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

OK, so, horses. Not sure why I was sketching them, but I was.

Fun but difficult. Had never really tried drawing a horse before. Am pretty pleased with the turnout because of that.

You're my favorite.

I'm not an expert on horse anatomy (I'm just going by what my horses look like), but the face of the first looks a little too wide. Horse faces are pretty narrow if you look at them straight on. Also, the second horse's head is a little too large in proportion to it's body if you are going for a more realilistic drawing. Otherwise, good job!

They're good, especially for a first attempt you got the shaping of the legs down right. For the second one, I think the legs could be slightly longer if you were going for horse rather than pony, but making the head smaller as JJJorgie said might balance it out a bit more so they dont look quite so small.

First off, since I missed it last time, those Pokemon sprites are pro and I couldn't possibly critique them. I might commission you for sprites sometime.

Secondly, whether it's his baldness or his stance, I'm seeing some Aang in that anatomy practice guy (nice anatomy, by the way).

Third, I know you're decent at anatomy, so I'm guessing the short guy's left arm is supposed to be absurdly long? I mean, if he extended that arm, his hand would be level with his knee.

Lastly, I know you draw your people short as a stylistic preference, but horses too? Not really a critique, but JJJorgie is right. The head does look really big in comparison to the body on the right one, and beyond that, I can't remember ever drawing an animal. So I can't critique the anatomy.

@ JJJ & Shadowsade: As I said, have never really drawn horses before. But yeah. I guess I did make the heads too large. I'll try to remember that the next time I actually draw them.

@ Matt: Thanks man. I need to get back to that spriting project and any resemblance to Aang is incidental. As for the third thing, that was simply me failing.

So anyway. A drawing of a big ol' Elizabethan Mansion. For ... Something. Eh, what what?

Still need to practice this sort of things a bit more. But it's only a sketch. Ho hum. Why do I always upload in the wee hours?
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 06-18-2012 at 03:46 AM.

You're my favorite.

The lines are a little wonky, but it's a sletch, so eh. Well... it looks like the House is going to pull a poltergeist and just implode, you should go over it and neaten up those lines, like the one on the far left, and then on the middle left part, by the door looks like it's leaning in just the tiniest bit. I realize it's a sketch, but maybe you should take a few extra seconds to check things out before moving on to the next part of the sketch. Just my opinion, other than that, it looks great.