Thread: [At times NSFW] Feedback for Tide's art **may contain nudity**

7 8 9 Member

[At times NSFW] Feedback for Tide's art **may contain nudity**

I guess I'll post whatever WIPs I have here for feedback, I guess.

So, I've been working on this pic of Hinanai Tenshi of Touhou, and I can't help but worry about her head as attached to the torso. Seeing as how it's turned to 3/4 and tilted down a bit (as well as the rest of the body being in plain front view), I think theres just one little tweak I can make to make it look decent instead of awkward.

Though I could just be being way too hard on myself, her head-attachment being decent enough. :P Oh, and please ignore how her hat is missing; I could also appreciate advice on drawing hats relative to the position of the head it's to be attached to, as well

Edit: Traced the scan so you can see it better, as shown here.
    Last edited by Tide; 11-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Focusing on the head for the time being, I think you're squeezing everything into too small a space - particularly her eyes. Unfortunately it's quite late and I can't quite put a decent explanation into words, but I did have a go at redlining, hopefully this might help:

SPOILER! :

7 8 9 Member
    I didn't understand, sorry ^^; Though I did make a sketch of another figure (nsfw); perhaps the big errors in that one can be critiqued?

I don't have a lot of time, but here are some of the major concerns: The legs, particularly the far one, aren't connected to the upper body very smoothly. Also, the upper body's too short; the crotch should be aligned with the wrists. The crotch isn't lined up correctly with the center of the body either. The collarbone is non-sensical (look at refs; the bone isn't straight across, it's curved).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

7 8 9 Member
    Been a while since I last posted here.
    Did some Fire Emblem fanart.