View Poll Results: So, please, tell me, how am I doing?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

4 11.11%
  • Good, but you could be better

23 63.89%
  • So-so, you're getting there

6 16.67%
  • Try working a bit harder

3 8.33%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: BB's Crit Thread - Color and Line Width

Wow Bacon! Looking good! I don't remember how long it's been since I stopped by...

I'm not going to make any big suggestions (leave that for others with better skills at critiquing than I,) but I think one thing that would be cool is to make the patch on his hat bulge a little bit and make that a little more 3D.

I actually like the hands as is. Only thing I can really say is that his left (our right) hand is just a little bigger than the other hand.

Okay, cheers!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Pretty good, some if it is a bit mushy but its expected from coal Also im not sure what is the contour if the last one?
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    @ Blue Dragon: If you say so. Come back now ya' hear?

@ Gedeon: What is contour? Contour is when you don't look down when you're drawing. The last contour is (my) hand holding a flower.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Just a little something for a friend.

You're my favorite.

Lordgenom! Not to proud of my inking, it seems sort of ... off. I think my pen was starting to run dry. Can't wait to mess with this in MS4 when I have access to it again.

You're my favorite.

So, I picked up this book that had costumes from the 1600 and 1700s. Which is perfect. Mhmhmhmhmhmmmm.

So yeah, OCs. Still have bits and pieces to work on.

You're my favorite.

Three updates in a row, and I've got nothing?

You're my favorite.

Wow, you have a lot of art to comment, well let's start with the flute girl.

First thing I see, the hand holding the butt of the flute looks like it's throddling the flute rather than playing it. To fix this, the fingertips should be the only thing touching the flute, bringing the joints up.

http://michelsenmusic.com/_DSC0016.JPG

As for the apron, as it's a slat of fabric rather than pieces, (for the top part) the bib won't curve with the breasts. Rather, it will streatch from the beltline and the curve of the breast.

Also your face looks a little flat. I think it's because of how you drew the face looking down but the skull isn't slanted downwards.

Here is an awesome, yet small, picture similar to what you are drawing.

http://www.zedge.net/ajax/ajax-light...28-160&ctype=1

or this one

http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members...37;20flute.jpg

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    What are you talking about, your inking isn't good? :O It's really clean! Your anatomy have improved a loooot since I've stopped by. The only thing you'd probably want to look out for is the length of the legs. Right now you have a tendency to make the legs short, and that makes the arms look long and the torso look off, etc. I like the costume drawings a lot, though. They're fun outfits. :>

1 pic: Her face seems kinda flat. I think its cuz we can see so much of her ear. In that position of the head we could hardly see it. Also her right hand looks good, but it doesn't look as if she is playing the flute. Other than that pretty good (shading wouldn't hurt) Proportions are really good.

2 pic: His right arm seems to go straight down and not at us as the hand suggests. If you'd make it so that the perspective of the arm goes with the perspective of the hand it would have cleared it quite a bit. We wouldn't see the muscles that way, but we would see a little bit of the biceps, and a lot more of the forehand and then that hand that is in front of us (which is pretty good). Also some of the lines on hiss left arm pit don't make sense to me. Pretty awesome anatomy. Good pose, and i love his left hand, really good!

Last 2 pics: They seem ok, but looks like you have the tendency to draw the lower part f the body really small, and i don't think that the line on their crotch's would be that long. Really like the outfits
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.