View Poll Results: So, please, tell me, how am I doing?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

4 11.11%
  • Good, but you could be better

23 63.89%
  • So-so, you're getting there

6 16.67%
  • Try working a bit harder

3 8.33%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: BB's Crit Thread - Color and Line Width

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Ideal proportions are ludicrous. And ideal. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with proportions like those. Anyway, by my measure he's 6 heads tall and that's with bended knees. Which should be fine. In hindsight, his left leg is too short. :/

*cough* Sorry if that came off as hostile. *cough* Potential for dollishness is noted.

Something I drew for English. Blah.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Ideal proportions are ludicrous. And ideal. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with proportions like those. Anyway, by my measure he's 6 heads tall and that's with bended knees. Which should be fine. In hindsight, his left leg is too short. :/
    Proportions are obviously flexible, as not everyone is the same, but it's true that the average person actually stands around 7 1/2 heads tall, not 8 (which is why I said Marcus should be closer to 7 or 8 heads). I never told you to follow that guide exactly, and I would have given you an "average" guide if I could have found a decent one that showed age progression.

As for him being 6 heads tall, well, it's kind of hard to tell where the top of his head is, so I estimated. My bad. Either way, he still seems to be a bit on the small side to me, but if that's just the way he is, my apologies.

*cough* Sorry if that came off as hostile. *cough* Potential for dollishness is noted.
    C'mon, really? Feeling butthurt is no excuse for sarcasm.

Yeah ... I don't know why I took that C&C so poorly. I apologize. You were just trying to be helpful. I wasn't ever being sarcastic though. :/

You're my favorite.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    In that case, why bother apologizing for being hostile instead of just making the effort not to be? That's like saying "no offense" and following with something really offensive. Anyway, no worries. Looking back on that critique I'm afraid I may have come off a bit blunt at the beginning, and unclear about the guide.

Alright, for this latest picture I know you find it rather "blah", so I'll try to keep it simple.

Head: Again, the girl's chin is a bit small, but that's about it. I like her eyebrows, lol.

Breasts: You may not want to actually connect the line of her boob to her armpit, but rather indicate it by breaking the line up. Is the line on her chest supposed to be a wrinkle? If so, I'd try to reposition it a bit so it doesn't look quite so much like cleavage, which would be rather out of place on her.

Hands: Except for the girl's left one, the hands in this image are very large. Coming back to proportions again, a person's hand is roughly as long as their face is wide. In addition, the middle finger from knuckle to tip, should be about as long as the palm of the hand. Of course, as I said before, proportions are flexible to an extent, and even more so in cartoons. However, I'm not sure why she has a little indent/line on the top of her wrist.

Feet: I think the girl's feet are pointed a little too far out. I know it's a pain to draw, but try bringing the point of the foot in a bit.

This crit ended up a bit longer than I had hoped, but that's it. I hope you find it more helpful than the last one. :)

Hey-O!

I haven't been in the critique place for a while, so I'm trying to catch up. :/ Not that anyone's missed me right?
    Anywho, there's a lot I like about this one, though some stuff that, as Indescribable points out, could use some fixing. I'm not re-reading her post, though, so sorry if you get repeats (also, I'm kinda brain dead tonight, so please forgive the lack of correct tech. terms.)

I like the set-up of this image. There is a lot going on, but it's not so cluttered you can't see. The chica's expression is also priceless. You do a good job capturing her emotion. If this is for English, may I ask which story?

For the chick, as mentioned, her right (our left) hand is a little too big, but also, I think the wrist should be a little smaller. Imo, where the hand meets the arm is a little to wide. You might also have her left foot (our right) point forward just a little bit, as sitting that way would be a bit uncomfortable, and she's chillaxed/bored looking. She prob. wouldn't have her foot out that way. Nice feet, though. I like how the shoe is simple, but nicely done. In fact, I love those type of shoes (I think they're Mary Jane's? I can't remember. It's not important.)

Boobs. They look a bit...manish? I mean, they just come down, but not in a "I'm not wearing a bra way," but in a way that it looks a little too masculine? I might make them a weee bit perkier. But that's just me. I love drawing myself some boobs (what does this say about me?) Also, on her right breast, (the left to us) the line for the arm, I think should come above/over the breast lines? I don't think I'm making much sense, but if you look here, you may be able to tell what I can't get across:
    SPOILER! :
    Sorry if I just seem to be rambling :/ Just trying to help.

As always, I love your unique style. Really, man, you art is definitely your own :3 I think the dude in the back ground has a great expression too. You've really gotten good with that! His finger may be a little too long, but the hand looks good (aside from being a bit too large, I mean, the hand/finger proportion is good besides that.)

Next, the dude in the foreground. I want to say first that I like it. I like him being there, and off to the side. I think his body's a little too small for his head, but not by much. Just a little bit. His left arm also looks a little unnatural, like it's turned out too much. Maybe turn it towards this body a little more. Does that make sense? If it doesn't let me know, and I'll try to explain better.

I hope I don't sound too harsh: I actually really this picture :3 And the things I'm pointing out aren't horrible blemishes, just little things you need to tweek. Okay, I'mma go check out some other stuffs and see if I can/want to comment. Peace out, yo.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

id thought it was a nice style......the big hands and heads and small bodies....but the the girls ( mutated =v=' ) arm totally throws off the impression of "style"

MOAR body proportions practice i recommend.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Yeaaaaaah. That arm in her lap is too big. All that crit is very much so appreciated. I'll definitely try to remember it all for future reference.

Anyway, I've been really busy lately, but I've been drawing some and I finally had some time to upload stuff tonight.
    So yeah. Some bears.

This looks like I got lazy, but my ref was in the snow and you couldn't see those paws. I swear.

Close up.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 03-14-2012 at 10:47 PM.

You're my favorite.

So, uhm, moving on. A red-tail hawk

And a WIP on some perspective practice.

You're my favorite.

Nice animal studies, all the jagged lines and details makes them a bit unpleasant to look at though, but It may just be me.

On this last one you can't use one-point perspective, you have to switch to two points

What why can't he