View Poll Results: So, please, tell me, how am I doing?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

4 11.11%
  • Good, but you could be better

23 63.89%
  • So-so, you're getting there

6 16.67%
  • Try working a bit harder

3 8.33%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: BB's Crit Thread - Color and Line Width

The stairs and driveway are applied to a one-point perspective, and so are those things in the top right. But where's the perspective on everything else?

Darnit, Bacon. You know how hard it is to critique a sketch when I can pretty much look at everything and think, yup, that's just a sketch thing and will look better when it's done.

Even though its a sketch and its very good, my eyes keep wanting to see those brick lines connect and be more detailed! maybe its just me though :V

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Haha, thanks guys. I will hopefully being drawing some similar buildings (if not that same one) in a less sketchy way sometime soon.

Drawing some friends from FB photos.

My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

i really like the second one, you've captured the picture and expression well, and I like the sketchy shading. For the first one, I feel like the eyes are a little glazed over, as if they're staring into space rather than a normal eye (but if they're doing that in their profile picture then it's fine!)

Totally didn't abandon this because my Microns were running low. No. No sir. It was all because I had to go to Europe.

You're my favorite.

Well if you wanted proper cits, I gotta say that there is some, erm, mighty strange stuff going on with the forehead there. It should get smaller above the brow, not bigger. More generally, I think you shouldn't be afraid to make the eyeballs smaller or at least thinner, with a little more line weight on the top lid so that it stands out more... Sometimes they just kinda look really out of place with the rest of your style, is all.

But yeah. You can choose whether you want to listen or not. Just swinging by. Overall I definitely can't fault your folds, your body anatomy or your perchant for detail.

The cross hatching is SICK!
    Also a huge improvement from the last drawing ive seen. One thing that seems wrong is the face. Its too small for the rest of the body... no scratch that... im not sure of the ''whole body'' part but certainly the neck. Compare the neck and the face, does it look right? Other then that, its awesome!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Thanks the both of you!

Reg: I'll make sure to remember that, especially the eye thing.
    Ged: Yeah ... I actually missed the line when inking so the neck is too tiny. I totally goofed it. >_>

So, I finally drew a guy whose 6 heads tall. Yay proportions?

You're my favorite.

I like his outfit!

I think you should have the hat lower. Right now, it kind of seems like it's floating above his head. His upper arms are a little long.

Other than that good job! I hope this helped!

Wow that looks awesome I think a couple of the clothing folds don't make sense but i'm not one too talk considering most of mine are also wrong, other than that I don't see anything else the outfit looks great and that is some mighty fine crosshatching there and on the piece before it