Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tell me your worst nightmare

tell me your worst nightmare

this could be an interesting topic.

i never had a very big nightmare before or something that would make me remember it for life, so it might be interesting to put a thread like this right here.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I've never had a worse nightmare. I mean, I dreamt of zombies, monsters, being naked around people and all that stuff but I thought it was kind of funny and interesting. What I hate though is when you wake up but your body is still in sleep-mode and you can't move. Annoying as heck.

I had 2 dreams in the same night. Both about zombies attaking. In the second one I had a kid O_O We were at the supermarket and I was beating up zombies. Wieeerdddd

Watermelon, a House with shifting architecture, repeated deaths (you can die in a dream; I died over a hundred times) and the inability to escape from a nightmare make for an interesting night's viewing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Well, the only time i woke up screaming in my life dates back to when i was 7(or maybe 8), that was when i had seen the first scary movie of my life (The Ring), i don't remember what the original dream was, i think it had something to do with some kind of iron bloody wall and people with their eyes taken out and it had something to do with fire as well (typical fun dream right now).
    anyway, it was a long dream and at the end i woke up in sweats, my brother came from his room to see what happened, i told him that i only had a nightmare (i was shaking in fear) and he told me how idiotic he thinks i am and i should shut up and go to sleep and then he hit me in the knee, i said "ouch! okay i will after i get a glass of water" and then he he said "okay then, i'll go get some sleep". i was following him out of my room when i suddenly noticed that he isn't in front of me anymore... i slightly looked to my left, and then, i saw him get transparent and go straight through the wall... that's when i woke up with a scream, well, my scream wasn't loud enough to wake everyone up, but i definitely didn't go to get any glasses of water that night...
    Last edited by BozeSG; 07-18-2011 at 04:43 PM.

So cool! A dream within a dream! I heard you dream 3 times in a night but don't remember all of them.

When I was 8 I had a recurring nightmare of my family being slowly decapitated in front of me.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

^ When I was 8 I had a recurring nightmare of crushing the skulls of my family... still not as bad as the one above, which was eldritch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

When I was a kid up until about 11-12 years old. I had that repeating nightmare. My father was very sick and there was something wrong with his head (it looked separated in two halves). And he was smiling at me like everything is fine. I was really scared and hopeless.

Unfortunatelly 4 years ago my father got a brain cancer. He probably knew they would not be able to help him but he was always smiling and didn't showed his real fealings. He passed away, god bless him.

I guess I was kind-a prepared emotionaly by this nightmare.
    They say that dreams/nightmares are like a virtual environment for the body to test and train for the worst case scenario. It makes some sence given the fact that my father had a high blood presure and I remember he was often having headaches. That may also explain why kids have nightmares after watching a scary movie. Most probably because the body/mind haven't realised it's a science fiction so it tries to prepare itself by dreaming about such stuffs.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    @Slurpee: It's possible to dream more or less than three times a night, it just depends on your REM cycles. It's also supposed to be easiest to remember your dreams when you wake up in the middle of a REM state, like from a nightmare.

A while back there was a year during which I spent almost every night dreaming about being swarmed by wasps and bees and the like. Not my most terrifying or heart-wrenching dream ever, but it was enough so that I was often afraid to sleep at night. |:

The cool thing is, I apparently found this so traumatizing that I've only had about two nightmares since (that I can remember), both of which were about bugs. Apparently the other stuff just doesn't really phase me anymore, lol.