Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primo wave!

Hybrid View

Primo wave!

Hi there!

I think it's about time a make my own thread here in the critique corner! I'm looking forward to getting some critiques... I still have a long way to go to reach my dream but someday I will! This is my primo wave! I will post more pictures eventually! ^^

Silver vr 1

This is a potential design for the main character, from my story.

Hero! This is a random pic I drew a long time ago... It's a good thing always trying to make your own unique style! ^^

Pride! This character does not belong to me! It's the main character from wolf guy wolfen crest! I drew it a long time ago

zero! Another main character, also my first attempt to color in photoshop! :P

Last edited by Portogas; 07-17-2011 at 07:27 AM.

wow , its so so so so amazing , i mean i want to scream out loud . i wish i can draw something like that one day

Thank you! But it still lacks a lot! Keep practicing and one day you will be able to draw something far better than this! ^^
    here is one more pic!

Ice queen This is a random pic, the original design belongs to "trilokcool3" all I did was to ink it, change some details and colored it!

You have good art ideas. It's just like many artists' it is the anatomy that's holding you back.

Yes, I'm still struggling with the anatomy but I'm also trying to improve that as well!

Human anatomy I believe that to in order to be able to draw your character in any pose, you first have to learn basic human anatomy. This picture here, is both human and some monster type anatomy ^^

Wow! I really love that first pic =D I think Slurpee is right that about the anatomy thing. Like in the first pic of your second post, the guy's shoulder seems like it's too far forward for the direction that the rest of the arm is going... The skulls in the last pic look great =) The man's torso seems a little strange, but I'm assuming that that's the "monster" part. Overall, it's looking good

Thanks! Yes, I noticed it now... I will be redrawing it soon , the man to the left is supposed to be monster, I know he's torso is weird xD
    Last edited by Portogas; 07-17-2011 at 03:57 PM.

101 Dalmations Member
    ya lack some dimensions and some of the anatomy stuff. .but the color is great. . .hope to see your future works. .I rate this 7.5/10 . .2.5-for improvement^^. . .i'll put 10/10 next time^^

I'm very impressed by the 1st picture! brilliant and it's good to see that your getting head first into anatomy, it's a very hard road i know
    ^-^'' but keep at it, don't try turning it into 'manga' anatomy though just look at realistically then apply it to your style, your work is looking good I'd start working on a comic, doesn't matter about if the story if top-tip just crack on with getting used to the comic making system.

Oh-! one Top tip I learnt when studying any subject unfamiliar to you : 1: don't use biro! use a cheap fineliner (faber castell) 2: don't try to make every piece like a work of art you want to practice with just an onslaught of scribbles and break down the object into shapes and get used to the shape and keep looking constantly back and forth and the drawing to make sure it's right by the end of it you'll look like your headbanging to yourself drawing hahaha! also try and see if you can get hold of some bones! skeletal structure is important to anatomy, ask your science or art department at school if you can borrow them, for a few hours?

that's all i can say but I am looking forward to more of your work good luck in battle field what we call the comic industry
    Hey Check out my blog! where I add my Comic BREAKER- and all sorts of fancy artwork
    www.jahkofhearts.blogspot.com
    or www.poniesonmeth.blogspot.com