101 Dalmations Member
Hey gais did you see this gameplay footage for this CoD DLC?!
You're right, but there's a different between "realistic" and "simulation." If you strip away all these "unrealistic" aspects of COD, how will it differentiate itself from every other "modern shooter sim" out there without these things?
Originally Posted by ClockHand
And I already told you, I didn't keep the reward system in. Instead, everyone has access to 1 air support of their choice.
Is it the fact that good players become stronger that you didn't like about Killstreaks, or the abilities themselves like bombing runs and sentry guns? If there was a fair way to keep these tools in the game, would you be okay, or do you want anything that isn't a gun or grenade out?
Three Trio Tres Member
i wouldnt advise putting a perk that makes you drop to the floor quicker on, drop shotting is annoying enough as it is and with the special operative thing you can be running for longer like marathon and just drop shotting everything with a shot gun
killstreaks arnt necessarily making people who are doing well better, when i play i only use killstreaks that will benefit the team, UAV, counter UAV, black bird etc because i usually play with friends as a team, they dont JUST help that one person they help the team.
You have it so sights dont count as attachments right? because that will kind of make warlord pointless, because most people used that to have a sight and a silencer or something, what you will also get is people running round with 2 guns with tubes
i prefer the parts of CoD that arnt really realistic :/ i like the perks if i want realistic i play rainbow 6 vegas
More good crits, thx.
Originally Posted by wolfman
However, the perk doesn't increase the time it takes you to crouch and prone, it reduces how much slower you move when crouched or prone by some. I must have been unclear.
I agree with you about some killstreaks, that's why I didn't take them out. By giving every person 1 air support, they must choose the strategic moment to use it to help their team. Players like you would probably like using air support like UAV, Resupply, and Fighter Jet.
Oh, did not think about either of those. I will probably add sights back as an attachment, or change the pro verion to 1 extra ammo for your special equipment instead. Also, I will add a rule that states you always get 2 noob tube ammo. If both guns have the attachment, they both get 1 ammo.
I had a new idea: Idea version #2
Primary Weapon slot (2 spare clips, 1 for LMG or Launcher, 3 for pistol)
- Assault Rifle (Grenade Launcher gets 1 ammo)
- Special Primary
- Any Secondary
Secondary Weapon slot (1 spare clip, 0 for Launcher, 2 for pistol)
- Special Secondary
2. Equipment Options
You may choose 2 slots worth of equipment. You cannot choose two of the same equipment.
- Pistol (no attachments, 1 spare clip, faster draw speed)
> Same choices as weapon slots.
- Tactical Mask (when equipped, reduces vision but protects against flash, stun, and toxic gas)
- Silencer (can be equipped and unequipped to weapons that can use silencer attachment)
- Explosives x1
- Special Grenades x2
- Gas Grenades x1
> Toxic gas
> Smoke gas
- Throwing Knife x2
- Spare clips/ammo x2 (One for primary, one for secondary)
> +2 for gun (1 for LMG or Launcher)
> +1 for weapon attachment (GL, Shotgun)
- Special Equipment x1
> Tactical Insert (teammates can spawn on this position. You cannot.)
> Claymore: Same as usual.
> Motion Sensor (instead of showing on radar, when an enemy comes within range it flashes an icon on your screen and makes a sound.)
> Jammer (still knocks out radar and equipment)
> Camera (can be mounted on walls or ledges too)
Primary Perk (no pro version)
- Overkill: Use a primary weapon in the secondary weapon slot.
- Bling: Two attachments per weapon.
- One Man Army: Once per life, switch to one of your other classes. The class is preset before the match. (This uses the secondary weapon slot, and does not swap equipment).
- Loaded: Doubles first equipment quantity (uses second equipment slot, not available for mask).
- Special Operative: Choose an extra Specialist perk (does not use pro version).
Protective Perk (visible change to player avatar)
- Body Armor: Survive any single explosive (except when stuck by stick).
Pro: Prevents non-sniper headshots.
- Scrambler: Invisible to all enemy air support.
Pro: Faster vehicle lock-on and more damage against kill streaks.
- Tech Pack: Reveals enemy special equipment, C4, and Sentry Guns.
Pro: Disables nearby enemy special equipment.
- Ghost: Silent movement.
Pro: Name doesn’t appear to enemies + Ghille suit (optional).
- Sixth Sense: Silenced enemy weapons still appear on radar.
Pro: Amplifies enemy movement sounds.
- CQC: Better hip-fire accuracy.
Pro: Faster melee speed.
- Veteran: Faster ADS (irons, red dot, ACOG).
Pro: Faster grenade throws.
- Blitzkrieg: Faster reload.
Pro: Faster weapon swap.
- Scout: Unlimited sprint.
Pro: Faster climbing speed.
- Commander: Choose air support during battle instead of before.
Pro: Slightly improved air support.
- Siege: Capture objectives faster.
Pro: Removes icon over your head when holding an objective.
- Comrade: Your Protective perk also helps adjacent teammates (except for pro effect).
Pro: Heal teammates and set tactical inserts faster.
- Survivor: Delays death by 5 seconds when killed by a non-headshot (Body acts as if hit by toxic gas grenade, increased recoil, death if hit again, can be saved by teammate).
Pro: No flinch on bullet damage.
Last edited by Fenn; 08-12-2011 at 05:49 PM.