My version of MW3
I don't care what has or hasn't been confirmed, I'm going to design my own layout of MW3 on this thread because ideas have been stirring in my head since MW2 and I want to expel this creative energy. (Buttons are for Xbox 360 version)
1. Changes to Game Mechanics
- Diving is still in.
- Double-tapping(B) aligns you with the wall you are facing so you are hiding behind it. When you ADS you rise to see over it. No more BS "I could see over that wall if I crouched 1 inch less."
2. Guns and Stuff
- Assault Rifle (4 automatic, 2 burst, 2 semi-auto) generally 3-4 to kill.
- LMG (3 100 round, 1 50 round hybrid) generally 2-3 to kill.
- Shotgun (1 double-barrel, 1 pump, 2 semi-auto, 1 full-auto)
- Sniper (2 Bolt-Action, 2 Semi-Auto)
Changes to shotguns: Shotguns now have infinite range. Of course, at distance the gun could take up to 6 shots to kill (depends on the gun). OHK ranges are about that of MW2.
Changes to Snipers: snipers now have low Mobility on par with LMGs. To compensate the OHK range on the target's body had been increased. Lastly, snipers will only be allowed on Medium and Large maps; each player gets 1 class slot for a sniper, one for a non-sniper class, and 4 open slots.
- SMG (5) generally 4-6 to kill. Better for close range
- Pistol (1 revolver, 3 standard) generally 3-4 to kill. Better for long range
- Launcher (1 anti-air, 1 anti-personell, 1 mixed, 1 nade launcher) all with 2 ammo.
- Special (whatever toys they want to throw in)
Note: Players will be allowed to choose two secondary weapons if they wish. They will not be able to choose two primary weapons. The weapons may not be identical, but can be from the same class. The secondary selected as a primary will get 1 extra clip/ammo.
- Frag x1
- Sticky x1
- C4 x1
- Throwing knife (x2)
- Stun x2
- Flash x2
- Toxic Gas x1
- Smoke x1
- Decoy x2
- Tactical Insert (teammates can spawn on this position. You cannot. When you die it disappears. Promotes teamwork, harder to boost with and unavailable for FFA)
- Motion Sensor (instead of showing on radar, when an enemy comes within range it flashes an icon on your screen and makes a sound. Range has been increased, but it does not show your opponents position.)
- Jammer (still knocks out radar and equipment)
- Camera (can be mounted on walls or ledges too)
Note: Each gun can have 1 attachment and 1 sight. All attachments are potential attachments for that class. Every weapon of that type may or may not have access to each attachment. For the most part, all will have access to all of them. Also, when using the two attachment perk, you cannot have two perks with a (*) after the name together.
- Hair Trigger (rapid fire, full-autos only)
- Extended Mag
- Grenade Launcher* (x2, takes up primary equipment slot)
- Flashlight* (illuminates dark, and can blind enemies if aimed just right, but reveals position. Switched on/off like a GL)
- Full auto mode* (burst fires only, switched on/off like a GL)
Sights: Irons, Red dot, ACOG, Variable Zoom Scope (semi-autos only)
- Hair Trigger
- Extended Mag
Sights: Irons, Red dot, ACOG, Variable Zoom Scope
- Extended Mag
- Sawed-off* (reduced range, higher damage.)
- Semi-Auto Mode* (pump only)
- Grenade Launcher* (x2, not sure if this exists IRL)
Sights: Irons, Red dot, ACOG(both also increase OHK range)
- Extended Mag
- Sights: Irons (1 of the bolt actions only), ACOG, Sniper Scope, Variable Zoom Scope, Thermal Scope
(more on post #7)
Last edited by Fenn; 07-18-2011 at 01:26 PM.
diving was the single most useless thing added to the CoD series o-o
Also you shouldnt take out the holding the breath thing for snipers because it makes sense and laying prone is actually so dumb in CoD, you cant move at all and usually unless you are laying in the middle of a field something will be in the way. It would be really silly if the only way to snipe someone you see while walking is to lay down because half the time if you lay down they will be gone, unless you are going to camp, lowering the mobility on snipers is also just going to make people lay prone in a corner in a bush or something which does not need to be encouraged any more, either that or NO one will use sniper rifles :/
I like the idea of limiting them to larger maps though, the only problem is how big would the map be before you can use a sniper, e.g. skidrow on MW2 wasnt that big but snipers could work quite well
Last edited by wolfman; 07-15-2011 at 12:34 PM.
These are great crits, I'm gonna go back and edit the OP to change stuff.
Originally Posted by wolfman
Diving is pretty useless, but because it has such a small influence it can't hurt to keep it in. It can help sometimes to dive away from explosives or into cover.
I will add holding breath back. I was originally going to make a perk to steady your aim but it really would be unneeded.
Was skidrow classified as small or mid? My gut is to say small, and snipers would not be allowed there. You would still have the semi-autos, which in my version are best used at long range and function as an AR/sniper hybrid.
EDIT: Fixed sniper changes. Also finished the three types of equipment, tell me what you think!
Last edited by Fenn; 07-16-2011 at 04:23 PM.
i think diving would work better if it actually worked, i mean in black ops if you try and dive through window you usually end up prone on the windowsill, on the plus side it did stop people just laying down every time someone shot at them
i dont know what size skidrow was but there were not that many maps smaller than it but it was an ok map for sniping while some of larger maps were really bad for sniping so it might make more sense to limit snipers on certain maps rather than by size
also are you going to let people pick up claymores, and can they get more than one through things like scavanger
ハリセン クラプ Ace Pitcher
I heard that in MW3 there are going to be huge maps. Like, huge huge. So huge that they're adding transport vehicles. They wont have any weapons on them, but you can move a lot of people around, so that'll be cool imo. Also I heard that they're going to be increasing team sizes. I dunno if that's actually happening, but if it is, it'd be sick to play TDM with 10+ people on each team.
True about snipers, that's probably a better idea. OKAY!
Originally Posted by wolfman
Just wait until I post the perks. I think you'll really like them, and I think they're very balanced and diverse. Also, I removed killstreaks and replaced them with "air support" which you'll see as well.
For maps that big, they're better have bigger teams. 6 on 6 on Wasteland was bad enough in MW2. I'll admit, something like 16v16 Ground Wars would be epic.
Originally Posted by Hayashida
Sorry for the double post, the forum wouldn't let me paste the rest into the OP. Anyway here it is:
- Hair Trigger
- Extended Mag
- Dual Wield
Sights: Irons, Red dot, ACOG,
Changes to Dual Wield: To reload, tap X to prepare to reload, then tap the trigger to reload that gun. Also, when switching to and from a dual-wield weapon, tap Y to prepare to switch, then tap the trigger to draw or put away that gun. Tap both triggers to switch weapon (if you only have one out, tapping just that trigger or both switches weapons). This allows you to switch to a single weapon to ADS, or pull out both for close range. To cancel a reload or switch, press the button again.
- Extended Mag
- Quick reloader (revolver only)
- Dual Wield
- Hidden Holster (switch to this weapon faster)
- Precision Sight (increases range like an ACOG but no extra zoom)
Note: The precision sight counts as your attachment.
Possible Special Weapons to include:
- Posion Dart Gun (secondary): 4 ammo. Works like a silenced gun, shots arc like a crossbow, when it hits target it slows movement, blurs vision, and slowly drops their health to 0 (about 5 seconds).
- Crossbow (primary): Works like in Black Ops. 10 shots standard. Normal ammo works like a throwing knife. Explosive sticky ammo attachment works like Black Ops. Poison-tipped ammo works like Dart Gun (above).
- Riot Shield (primary): Works similar to MW2. SMGs and Pistols (without dual wield) can be used alongside it. Press R to hipfire from safety, press L to move shield to your side and ADS. To balance it, the shield can take 4000 health worth of bullet damage (about 100 AR bullets) before it breaks (indicated by cracks). Explosives can also break it or kill you. Instead of camo, you can choose right or left handed. Attachments are:
- Compact Shield: faster mobility
- Reinforced Shield: 1.5x more durable
- Combat Shield: 1-shot melee
4. Air Support (aka the substitute for killstreaks)
Changes to Killstreaks: I took them out because they reward people who are already doing well. Nevertheless, they have become an integral part of the online experience (who doesn’t want to call in an airstrike on their friends?) so they have been replaced by air support. You get 1 air support per match, chosen before the match. Air support cannot be used until 2:00 of a match have passed (UAV can be used at 1:30). The following are available:
- UAV: Radar (45 sec)
- Bomber: Works like in MW2
- Attack Copter: Works like in Black Ops (30 sec)
- Sentry Gun: Must be called down from a Care Package
- Fighter Jet: Flies by and destroys an existing air support of your choice, or the first it sees if none are out at first. (30 sec).
- Resupply: Must be called down from a Care Package. Switch classes and resupply. After 10 seconds, it can be used by anyone, good for 6 uses.
(Potential idea): In addition, if 0:45 remains in game time, the best player on each team (determined by total score and kill/death) will get a special air support to duel it out in the last 45 seconds. It is not unbalanced because both teams get one to use. The options are:
- AC-130 (3 flares, can hit harriers and gunship)
- Gunship (from Black Ops) (2 flares, can hit AC-130 and Harrier)
- Attack Dogs
- Blackbird (cannot be shot down)
- Harrier Strike (1 flare, can hit Gunship)
- Lightweight: Faster movement
Pro: Climb obstacles and ladders faster
- Fully Loaded: 3 extra clips of ammo
Pro: 1 extra primary grenade and secondary grenade (except smoke)
- Sleight of Hand: Faster reload
Pro: Faster weapon swap.
- Special Operative: Choose an extra Specialist perk.
Pro: Access the pro version of that perk.
Counter Perk (visible change to player avatar)
- Body Armor: Survive any single explosive (except when stuck by stick).
Pro: No flinch by bullet damage.
- Scrambler: Invisible to all enemy air support. (except Sentry Gun)
Pro: Protect nearby allies as well.
- Tactical Mask: Protection from toxic gas, stun, and flash grenades.
Pro: See slightly through smoke grenades and identify enemy decoy grenades.
- Tech Pack: Reveal and protects you from enemy special equipment and Sentry Guns.
Pro: Hack, and if you choose pickup, enemy special equipment (replaces current)
- Ghost: Silent movement.
Pro: Name doesn’t appear to enemies + Ghille Suit.
- CQC: Better hip-fire accuracy.
Pro: Extend sprint time (x2)
- Marksman: Faster ADS (irons, red dot, ACOG)
Pro: Faster grenade throw + equipment use.
- Scout: Steadier aim when not holding breath (scopes)
Pro: Faster crouch and prone speed (crouch at 85% walk speed, prone at 75% crouch speed).
- Warlord: Use two primary weapons.
Pro: Two attachments per weapon.
- Commander: Choose air support during battle instead of before.
Pro: Gain access to air support 20 seconds earlier.
- Siege: Capture objectives faster. (x1.25)
Pro: Removes icon over your head when holding an objective.
The worst idea for any shooter (that doesn't use super soldiers with amazing strength) its adding dual wield. Even using 2 guns will make you a crappy shooter.
All the special weapons are stupid, if you are in a war zone all those gears are useless.
Also, keep the reward system it's keeping the crap of the other MW in this one.
Other bad points of you:
Armor to survive explosions it's stupid. You will still die.
Light weight and you use a combat armor with shotgun, isn't that great?
You are making a shooter contextualized in this time with sci-fi elements and taking out everything that it's supposed to be "realistic" from the game. Also unbalancing the game to close quartet only and keeping the reward system.
While I respect your criticisms, I'm trying to figure out wtf you want in Call of Duty and what you see so wrong about what I made.
Originally Posted by ClockHand
You said no dual wielding, no air support whatsoever, exposives will always kill you, no running fast with a shotgun, no special weapons, no perks that do anything other than give generic enhancement. Basically you want a "realistic" shooter with guys running around with assault rifles shooting each other and throwing grenades. May as well just remove all perks while your at it. Plus when has the Call of Duty series been about strict realism? I always thought it was more on the arcade side of the spectrum.
Not to mention, there is nothing "rewarding" about the basic air support system I made. It gives every player 1 extra tool in battle. The "end-of-match" powerful air support I posted below was only a potential idea; that I would be willing to remove because it does promote individualism.
Also, I recall that you pretty much hate the recent COD games anyway...it doesn't make your opinion invalid, but it certainly means you are going to be less likely to like my changes.
MW its sells as a "realistic" shooter. What you are doing its taking what its bad, keeping it and adding other bad ideas. You need first to take away the bad ideas of the game, like the rewards, and not gave more bad ideas (like combat armor+light weight+shotgun). Keep the game simple that it's the only thing that matters.
And yeah I'm against dual wielding because it's stupid.