Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Stories based on video games

Creepy Stories based on video games

4chan is known for starting a lot of good things and bad things, I never really follow it but have noticed a somewhat interesting trend known as creepypasta. Basically they are original content of written stories, which has given birth to a number of things, Red, Ben Drowned, Herobrine, etc. Though the ones that seem to be the most popular are ones based on video games. This thread is basically about creepy stories behind video games, or creepy indie or older games, pre ps2 era. The following are some that freaked me out quite a bit.

Ben Drowned

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-sh...have-done-that

This has to be the scariest one I've seen yet, just because of how much that game freaked me out when I originally played it by myself as a kid, some of the npcs just didn't sit right, the main one being the smiling merchant which he uses a lot. A recent video about 4 months ago suggests he might be making more.

Herobrine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clElrb1mBmw

The main reason this one is so scary was before the wolf addition to minecraft, playing single player always gave off a feeling of incredible solitude, which sometimes freaked a lot of people out when in caves by themselves. I personally just tended to get depressed especially due to the music, though after seeing this was always on edge of seeing Herobrine.

More to come in a bit, just trying to start off the thread.

Lost Silver

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon_Lost_Silver

This game is actually downloadable, shaped after the creepypasta. I have yet to play it, though will probably atleast start it today.
    Last edited by Socrates; 07-18-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    If you don't want this thread to dissolve into random posts that totally deviates from the OP, then you should NOT post in the Chatterbox. Anyways, I moved it to the video game section. If you want to move it back to Chatterbox, let me know.

Nice thread btw. Nothing to contribute for now though so... :waits for someone else to say something:

Minecraft did inspire a certain terror in me. I knew that I was truly alone in the world, because I never took to the multiplayer. I always played on normal, because peaceful made it seem like I was cheating and anything above made it feel a little unfair.

But in terms of terror, there is nothing worse than complete silence as you mine out some resources in a cave and suddenly hearing something moving around the corner. Of course, the tension is killed when it turns out to be a cow.

Other than Minecraft, I can't think of many times a game has genuinely presented a truly creepy story. Silent Hill 1 would have been better if I wasn't playing it on a soundless emulator, Silent Hill 4 just didn't feel scary, and I haven't played 2 yet, which is apparently one of the best horror games of all time.

I suppose SH 1 was good. Even without sound, it felt terrible in the beginning to watch the little girl keep running away from me, her father, after a car crash. I didn't know if she was dead and I was hallucinating, if she was a ghost, if she was alive and possessed--the uncertainty in Silent Hill 1 was amazing, but it all ended for me when I couldn't figure out where to go after the first fifteen minutes of gameplay.

I have yet to play Amnesia or System Shock 2. Maybe Amnesia will be feasible when I get a new computer.

No, I was getting ready to message a moderator to move it once I woke up enough to realize it fit under video games. Thanks.

Cool thread I've never seen this ben thing.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Slenderman is from SA, also does Minecraft //have// a story to speak of? I don't think you can really compare that to Silent Hill. o_o

Naw. I enjoy Minecraft and Silent Hill for completely different reasons: Minecraft for building stuff and surviving waves of creepers and zombies with self-imposed limitations, and Silent Hill for its story. A story mode in Minecraft would be cool, but then again, I wouldn't expect much.

Come to think of it, Fatal Frame 2 was pretty creepy. The PS2 had a lot of good horror games.

Minecraft isn't scary once you have a simple defence set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon_Lost_Silver

This game is actually downloadable, shaped after the creepypasta. I have yet to play it, though will probably atleast start it today.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I think this qualifys so I will leave it here.
    Insane pokemon theories