Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project Ubermensch

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Yes. Probably either Latin, Spanish, or German. Or - hey - all three. I have the tools necessary to learn basic Latin atm so I can get started right away.

Survivial skills aren't really part of a continuous scheme. They're more of a one-time thing - once you know them, you're done.
    True.

I'd actually like to try this too someday, when my life is more...stable. I can certainly see the appeal.

Very interesting, though I am bit too lazy to force myself to things each and every day. Perhaps in the future I will commit myself to this project in a proper fashion.

Mission accomplished for day 3, though again, rather than the languages or the art, I was doing acting stuff. I'm considering lowering the reading requirement as well, for the sake of older literature and philosophy; those take 2 or 3 times as long to read as modern fiction does.

EDIT: crap I didn't do the writing requirement. forgive me, I had an interesting friday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    Very interesting, though I am bit too lazy to force myself to things each and every day. Perhaps in the future I will commit myself to this project in a proper fashion.
    If you had to work to do those objectives then you miss the point.
    Being someone who enjoy reading, writing, arts, music, etc. needs to be for something natural in you and not something you need to work.

I love movies, music, comics and art, thats why I keep searching for those. And as I love to draw, write, paint, do pottery, etc. I keep doing it. And even more don't doing those stuffs make my feel awkward. Also I love combat sports and I do that also.

If you have to work, you failed. If you do it because you really feel to, then do it.

Also this thread already existed before and end in darkness and sorrow. I think the same its gonna happen now.

^ imma prove you wrong clockhand

And there's a difference between wanting to do something but procrastinating and not wanting to do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Some of the things I do include running and archery. When the zombie horde attacks you'll wish you'd done the same.

Silent... but deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
    Some of the things I do include running and archery. When the zombie horde attacks you'll wish you'd done the same.
    I feel the same way about competitive badminton

nice to do list,
    but i think it would be much more fun if you put a not to do list,.
    for example:
    restrain self from smoking and drinking atleast one week per month

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    If you had to work to do those objectives then you miss the point.
    Being someone who enjoy reading, writing, arts, music, etc. needs to be for something natural in you and not something you need to work.

If you have to work, you failed. If you do it because you really feel to, then do it.
    Not exactly what I meant, I am all in for learning new things and finding new ways to express myself. I just don't like forcing myself to learn/study things each and every day. Setting up a training/learning regime might help you attain skills at a faster rate, by not allowing you to slack off and thereby forgetting what you have learned. That is the commitment I was talking about.

An example of the above is me learning C++. Right now I study whenever I want to, but I somehow feel that if I dedicated a portion of my time to studying it everyday, I would learn the ins and outs of the language much faster.

Anyways, a list I would like to complete:
    • Learn to play an instrument (pref. cello or piano)
    • Learn a martial art
    • Learn another language (Japanese and/or Latin)
    • Improve my drawing/painting skills
    • Improve my 3D modeling skills
    • Improve my writing (by writing x-number of pages/chapters/words a day)
    • Improve my stamina and strength
    • Learn how to use C++, C# and the DirectX API

There's room for a whole lot more, but that's all my sleep deprived brain can think of right now.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Cue bucket list thread.

Also, Del, this kind of thing makes for a good blog. Not to mention that you could write about the things that you do and it would totally fill your daily word requirement, or you could just post the writing that you do.
    Last edited by indescribable; 07-16-2011 at 02:52 PM.