Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miyazaki Fans ONLY!

Miyazaki Fans ONLY!

Here you can chat about the mos influential film maker of all time: *Drum roll* Hayoa Miyazaki! :):)

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    hayao, you mean? :) Japanese names are so hard to spell, I mess up every time.
    but OMIGOSH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS THREAD YOU HAVE NO IDEA. <33333
    my personal favorite of his movies is nausicca of the valley of the wind. it makes me cry, no joke. if you haven't watched it you definitely should.

YESYESYESYEYSYESYEYSYEYSYEYSYYSY! HE IS THE BEST! Kiki's Delivery Service! That was my favorite movie! I adore the others especially Spirited Away and Princess Princess Mononoke, but Kiki was my childhood! >;->

He and Studio Ghibli make great films, but he is definitely not the most influential film maker of all time. That'd be quite a statement to make about any filmmaker and you'd need a lot of evidence to back up that claim...

He isn't the most influential. I agree with that. I don't think there is any prime influential film maker. Thoughts like that are purely subjective. I think this tread is suppose to be a bunch of fans raving about his films or about him in general.
    I hold this guy in high regards because he actually introduced me to the world of art. HAHAHA! I am glad that you said Studio Ghibli. I think about that fat cat and Kiki's Delivery Service. My childhood. LOL!

I can't pick between Princess Mononoke and Howel's Moving Castle. I liked the both a lot.

I also enjoyed Spirited Away and Nausicca (did you know you can read this as a manga, too? It's pretty good.)

I'm still waiting for his son's movie to come out: it's based on the Earth Sea books. Does anyone know its status?

Really the best out there, Howl's moving castle and Spirited Away are my favs, although princess mononoke and Nausicaa are very good too.

Together with Joe Hisaishi for his perfect music they are the best couple

Spirited away is the best. Princess Mononoke was epic but spirited away still win :D

Earth Sea is already out, i have it! its really good as are all the Studio Ghibli films. my personal favourite is Laputa Castle in the Sky =D

Quote Originally Posted by 1607
    He isn't the most influential. I agree with that. I don't think there is any prime influential film maker. Thoughts like that are purely subjective. I think this tread is suppose to be a bunch of fans raving about his films or about him in general.
    I hold this guy in high regards because he actually introduced me to the world of art. HAHAHA! I am glad that you said Studio Ghibli. I think about that fat cat and Kiki's Delivery Service. My childhood. LOL!

No, I think finding the most influential filmmaker is possible without being subjective, you just need to find what directors nowadays are citing as their influences. Whoever crops up the most would be the most influential director.

edit: With regards to Earthsea, I didn't think it was the greatest Ghibli film. It was okay, but I didn't find it very memorable.