Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: baka-neko art thread :D

Honestly, I don't really see a change of "style" necessarily, it really just looks like your anatomy's lacking with the long pencil-neck, super wide face, and too low of nose and eyes. I hope this doesn't sound super harsh :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

I like the way you've done the eyes actually, but yeah - not a fan of the neck either.

Thanks for the critique. Too bad this is a traditional drawing and would be too hard to correct -.-
    My DeviantArt: link
    My website: link

To be fair, since it is stylised, it's not really worth pointing out anatomy defects, but I would urge you to return to that area. I find the facial proportions to be the area that jars my eyes personally. If the subjects head is supposed to be tilted downwards (I assume), then I think it would be worth you going back to the basics and really setting out the head guidelines like you would a regular skull, but then manipulating the proportions for the style. Otherwise, maybe review the proportions of the face again so you can ground your style in the relatability of realism and make it more appealing to the eye?

Hi,

I've been trying to change my rendering style (again), now with a more traditional oil painting look. It is still done digitally with Photoshop.

Here's my first attempt, it is just a rendering on an old drawing. So, any critiques ?

PS. :
    Here's the original drawing : http://kamui82.deviantart.com/art/Ni...e-OC-386394590

If you're working in photoshop, have you tried using the sharpen filters at all? I find it helps define the brush strokes and adds some texture, giving the image more of a 'paint on canvas' feel.

Thanks for the tip ^^ Indeed my painting was quite blurry, and looks already better sharpened. I'll give it a try

hmmm it looks like she has no chest, u might want 2 try and give that area some volume also she appears 2 be contorted in a weird way, her back isnt bent enough 2 achieve that position. but i agree that it looks cool

Hi everyone, long time no see

I've been working on my next game, a Japanese style RPG codenamed "Project Light". Official web-page : http://baka-neko.fr/projectlight

Here's a portrait of the main character, I'm planning to make such drawings for the dialog windows in-game. Any critiques ?

Gotta say your game lacks texture, I know your art is supposed to be simple, but it's so flat it feels unfinished. Character models are rough and edgy. Reminds me of the game I'd make on RPG maker 2 on PS2. Which is dated as heck. At the same time you made those rocks so sharp. Just..What? And you're french? A .fr would be better off with a .com. However I know nothing of websites or whatever, I live in quebec canada and would never even dare using .qc lol xD. but yeah if your main source of views comes from France well thats a good thing(pointing at sites like joueurdugrenier.fr). Also I agree with Clock for the language you pick for your stuff. If it's japanese most people wont be able to understand. Unless you want your stuff to be only seen in japan.The whole point of making manga style out of japan is exactly to make it circulate and learn from it. Language and style don't necessarely come in one package. Anyway that's my too cents and yeah last pic is pretty and simple. Thus pretty simple. No mouth? kk I feel like you make your art for yourself and not really for a definite public target...Hell, how could I know?

The rest was already said by debate several pages ago, no need to repeat. You tend to ignore comments about atanomical issues with your lolish characters, which is very bawd. Those are the most important ones.
    Last edited by Tetsu Yawl; 06-07-2014 at 05:39 PM.