Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: baka-neko art thread :D

Thanks -.-
    My DeviantArt: link
    My website: link

Cool Nekollection, my first Android app :D

Hi everyone, long time no see

I've been working on my first Android app : It is called "Nekollection", and it's a simple and light Manga reader. Please check it out here : Nekollection on Google Play

It comes with a short (very short -.- ) sample Manga that I've made (my first Manga, by the way ), and I wanted a little critique about it; not only about the drawings, but also about the idea, and texts (for those of you that can read japanese ). Of course this is just a sample, with no ambition, made only so that the users of my app will have something to test it right aways, but it was quite fun to make, and I hope they will like it Enough talk, enjoy

Last edited by baka-neko; 12-28-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baka-neko View Post
    First: Are you proud of this? Do you feel it was well executed? Its aesthetically pleasing or it was your exact vision?

Secondly. I love when I read a comic, and I can't understand a shit of it just by looking the images /sarcasm. I know its your first one, but if you are making a comic in a language that not even, at most 1,8% of the world population, can read, then telling the story properly through images its a big deal.

sorry if you don't understand japanese, but the core idea of the story is in japanese and can't be translated. And I personally think that a manga have to be designed in japanese then translated, because, well manga are from japan -.- (even if japan is 1.8% of the world population)

Wait what?

So you believe that (if you live in Canada for example), to make a "manga" you must write it on japanese first and then translate it? And that the only aesthetical value a manga has to be different than a comic is being written in japanese, because that means it come from japan?

Dude, I'm tired of this discussion about what is a manga and what not, at the end its always a comic with a different name from a distinctive culture (that if we don't belong, we will never understand it, making our version a joke of the original). But my point was not that it was made or not in japanese but rather how the comic was told with images, as you picked to do it on japanese, then at least the images should tell the story, so even people who can't read japanese can have an idea of what is going on, and its the exact problem I see with the comic, as you can't tell what is going on be looking the images. This is like making a entire movie with detailed profile in lost camera.

Anyway, you didn't answered my firsts questions.

About your first question, well yes I'm proud of it. This was my first manga even if it is only two pages. I got the idea about making a sample manga for my app, and designed the 2 pages, then I stopped. I though that I don't have the level to bring it to completion at all, and that's why I proud of it, because, even if it is not perfect I managed to complete it. But yes, it is far from perfect, I think the page 3 is the worst, especially the bottom drawing, because theses are situations and poses new to me and the kind of things I did not practice much...

Oh I wasn't asking you about the manga, just that drawing I quoted. About making a comic, ya you should always feel proud of succeeding in finishing it.

Also, you are always going to be making poses you have never practiced before (and camera views you have never practiced).

Pretty sure her left knee would be in extreme amounts of pain in that position, maybe even broken.
    Last edited by Joosh; 01-03-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Aww. This is cute. Although how exactly is the core idea untranslatable? I read Japanese and could easily see this translated in English. 英語、日本語で読めるのはやさしいでしょう。

Also, while manga traditionally comes from Japan, there are a variety of successful mangas from all over the world that were in their respective languages before they were in Japanese. It has become just another style of graphic novel.

Anyway, I like your style. I think the anatomy needs a little tweaking, particularly around arms and legs, but overall it's a nice work. Good luck with getting the app started .

Hi everyone, long time no see

@darkmousysminion: Thanks ^^ Indeed this manga could be translated in english, but I personally suck at translation (my English is quite bad, I'm French ).

I've been making simple games for the OUYA Android gaming console recently. My first one is called "Night Riders" and is available right now. Please check it out if you have an OUYA

My upcoming game is still at a prototype level, and is much more ambitious : a 3D RPG ^^

Here's a portrait of one of the main characters. I've tried some new things with this drawing : Since a few years, I'm drawing 100% digitally. With this drawing, the line art is done traditionally with a pencil on paper, then I scanned the drawing and colored it with Photoshop. As you can see with my previous drawing, the style has changed a lot, But I think I will go in this direction for this game

If you have any critique about this change in style, please tell me. By the way, my goal is to have a fast process to make a lot of drawings for my game without loosing much time, that's why the pencil drawing was not cleaned at 100% and the coloration is basic.