Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Art of Oz

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar

The Art of Oz

Hey, since I decided to start drawing with my tablet I figured I should start uploading, so here you go. I'll be posting regularly I guess... Forgive me for my horrible outfits though. I can't make good ones; I can only ref them D:

Here is a random pic I just drew, CnC except for the wings because they were sloppily made and weren't made to look realistic.

EDIT: Picture won't show up so here is a link. : http://imageshack.us/f/813/firstsaipicunshaded.jpg/

EDIT EDIT: I forgot to mention this is my second digital drawing ever. So go easy. XD
    Last edited by Ozzaharwood; 07-06-2011 at 12:56 AM.

hey Oz,
    pretty cutee brrooo,
    juuust some minor input, probably obvious to me because our styles
    are dissimilar >^< ; so it could just be me.
    If her boobs are THAT big then her waist is much too small,
    the poor girl probably has spinal pains due to the weight of
    her chest :c
    Especially since that skirt adds so much volume to her hips...
    so it make her waist look /especially/ teeny.
    the flow of her clothes (it seems the wind is quite strong ;o)
    should be going in the same direction as her scarf, unless the fabric
    of her clothes are really tough like heavy wool. Again, it may be a style thing,
    but o: I'm just suggesting that you distribute the motion equally >^< ;
    if the wind is blowing her tie to the side, then her hair, and clothes should also show
    a bit of movement towards the that direction.

<^< anywaaay, her wings are cute :3
    ignorethisisitisastylething.

Lolol Omg I laughed like crazy when I read that.

Yeah I kinda noticed the crazy big boob thing, I might change that; I also knew about the wind direction thing... TBH I spent a crapload of time on that drawing weighing the lines that it just made it so I didn't want to fix the obvious mistakes. Maybe I'll do it later and colour it.

Thanks a lot though, I could tell you were trying to be as nice as possible and that made me happy. <:

i don't really know what to crit...
    it's actually a good drawing in it's very own style..
    if you really want moe style type of drawing like hatsune miku or something then you should use a different guide lines for the head...

Indeed, I'm also not that good at criticizing people, but ehm it's already mentioned but her boobs are way to big compared t her waist, and you should also consider using different guide lines. Not only to head but to the entire body, also she's very cute :3 bro

here you go...
    in moe style the whole head is usually(but not always) just half of the whole head.. and circle here is used differently..

anyway your way is correct as well in some other peoples point of view... cause there are other moe now (i don't see them that cute though if not used this type of guide lines)

just go with what you want i just told you my current style now

Look! Another new picture. No refs used, 'cept my hand. It was a pain to do but it turned out so/so. I think I like this one better... I might colour it.

http://imageshack.us/f/268/animegirlhardlineart.png/

The leg looks odd to me for some reason. Is it just me?

Also, new fav song to listen to while drawing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qZfEC4Zigs

Touhou FTW.
    Last edited by Ozzaharwood; 07-10-2011 at 04:40 AM.

the first critique i like to give you is you should post the image here... lol
    let's not crit about anatomy first... i'm sure there are a lot of people here that can point that out... and yes your right about the leg..

do you know about hair whorl? (i don't know if that's what it's actual call i just goggled it)
    it's the center direction of the hair and all of the hair lines should be coming from there.. including the bangs..
    it's almost the same as perspective using orthogonal and vanishing points..
    although in this case the vanishing point is the hair whorl.. and all orthogonal are bent and curvy..
    and it just depends on the hair style you do or how you do it...

other than that.. i really like it.. it's really good for someone who didn't use any reference

You're doing the same thing I did for a few years in not using references. While it's hypocritical to say his, I suggest using references either from pictures or real life. A friend once told me that I'd never get the correct lines by guessing. Practice is infinitely important, but only perfect practice produces perfect results.

Also, Touhou is amazing and Suika is cute.

i think what oz is doing and not using reference is good imo. here on the critique corner atleast
    if you want to have good critique to come to you then you should put everything in your drawing with all you got in just your own hands. then people could tell what exactly is wrong.

i'm not saying it's bad to use reference.. i'm just saying that it's good to do this kind of thing, here in the critique corner.
    in my opinion atleast.