Thread: critique cheeseyshay's art *barbie doll style nudity*

critique cheeseyshay's art *barbie doll style nudity*

this is The Onyx Incarne, a goddess and main character in the comic I am trying to start (more on that later -___-) This piece is still a work in progress and I'll be super grateful for any helpful advice/suggestions you fabulous beautiful mangatutorial-ers have
    Last edited by cheeseyshay; 09-02-2011 at 01:36 PM.

well i dont have an useful advice or critique, but damn that is cool!

and your feedback is still appreciated! thank yooooooo

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Hmm, your style seems fairly reminiscent of the webcomic, Romantically Apocalyptic. Do you read it? If not, you should definitely check it out. I really like the lighting on the form and your grunge style. But it seems really manipulated in the background. I think that you should just choose a few textures and skillfully work with them, other than compiling all your ideas in varying opacities into one background. The horizontal mirror flip also seems very unnatural, and that conflicts a lot with the figure. But I really, really like your ideas here. You've got some very interesting concepts.

Thanks for your crit! I see what you mean about some over manipulation of the background, I could definitely stand to pull back a bit and focus on a few things. I'll also be working on ways to solve the harshness of the mirror flip, I've got a few ideas, so i'll be reworking that as well. Thank you for your help, I'd gotten a little stuck, so its really neat to have your opinion ;D
    also I'll check out that comic, sounds interesting ^^