Thread: Wiimote + Kinect + VR

Wiimote + Kinect + VR

Around the middle, it starts surpassing every expectation I ever had for the video game industry.

This is the link to the site of the guy who made it.
    http://game.g.hatena.ne.jp/Nao_u/20110121#p1

My take on this: when Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony finally decide to stop one-upping each other, maybe they'll embrace something like this. This is true immersion, and the only way it could get more so would be if the player wore a suit that created an impact wherever s/he was hit, and we all know how convenient that is. I, for one, wouldn't mind putting on goggles and picking up a controller. Even if you're not getting physical feedback, the human brain is powerful enough to fill in some of the effects for you.

All right, this is open to feedback. Post away.

EDIT: Also, Vocaloid followers, could any of you tell me the song that starts at 2:11?

That's actually p neat. If they could make it to where if you died in the game you died irl that would be rad too.

I'm not able to watch with sound does he explain how he moves forward and stuff.

He doesn't say anything. It's just music. He's Japanese, anyway.

On his site, he says he presses B to shoot and A to use the grappling hook (Wii remote). Everything but the actual walking, I think, is controlled by body movement. I'm not positive. Google doesn't translate Japanese as well as a human translator, so I couldn't understand a lot of it.

I'm sure you could configure movement if this ever got released. Like, if you wanted to move your feet up and down, you could do that, or you could stick to the analog stick. At least I'd offer an option. There's probably a downside somewhere.

Fenn
    Wow.

Is this a gimmick that actually IMPROVES the gaming experience instead of trying to "reinvent it" like the industry is so obsessed with?

no

that's pretty cool

I still love more the one of the robot controlled with kinect.

But yeah, this is like I always have say, if you mix the kinect with the wii (or the move) you are going to have one hell of a control.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Wth why is he shooting Vocaloid heads?...

I think this would actually sell a lot. If only Microsoft and Nintendo could merge their consoles

EDIT: Matt, I have this song in my Vocaloid playlist but I can't remember what it's called, and I have A LOT of them (600+) So if I come across it I'll be sure to let you know. The only thing I know right now is that it's Hatsune Miku singing, but you probably already knew that.
    Last edited by Ozzaharwood; 07-04-2011 at 06:49 PM.