Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Get to know each other!

  1. #51
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Joosh, you clearly say that you post false statements. But that is a contradiction! If you posted false statements, then that statement would be false, and you would, in fact, post true statements!
    Someone's been playing too much Phoenix Wright.

    REBUTTAL!

    You're wrong. He said he 'likes' posting false statements, which need not refer to that statement in particular; it's a perfectly valid, non-contradictory statement. Even if he said he always posted false statements, your argument would be inapplicable because the truth-value of his statement would be indeterminate rather than false; if his statement were false, it would be true, and if it were true it would be false. People of the jury, I would like to direct you to Dr. Wikipedia's writings on this particular case:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wikipedia
    In philosophy and logic, the liar paradox or liar's paradox (pseudomenon in Ancient Greek), is the statement "This sentence is false." Trying to assign to this statement a classical binary truth value leads to a contradiction.

    If "This sentence is false" is true, then the sentence is false, which would in turn mean that it is actually true, but this would mean that it is false, and so on ad infinitum.

    Similarly, if "This sentence is false" is false, then the sentence is true, which would in turn mean that it is actually false, but this would mean that it is true, and so on ad infinitum.
    Note that it "cannot be assigned a binary truth value" as assuming the truth or falsity of the statement results in the same infinite regress.

    Therefore, your defence is untenable! People of the jury, observe! In the first place his statement rests on a misreading of the original statement, and furthermore his reading of the logical structure of said statement, even when read as he misreads it, is incorrect!

    The prosecution rests.

    Last edited by Delphinus; 07-21-2011 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  2. #52

  3. #53
    Sir-Mass-a-Lot
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    I used to hate everything and everyone in the human race until I realised that humans are interesting. I am the Doctor to Sylux's Master. Which is ironic since IIRC he has dark hair to my fair hair which would kind of make us ying and yang - opposite sides of the same coin.

    EDIT: Aww year.

    Good song, and yeah my hair is naturally dirty blond, but appears brown FAIAP.

  4. #54
    7 8 9 Member ipop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Just a few little things:

    -I play the violin
    -Tennis is my sport
    -I love to compose music
    -I make and read Poems
    -Always take my backpack with me when I go out
    -Grilled cheese is my favorite food'
    -On the side, I like to make weapons from animes and mangas

  5. #55
    Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,724
    Wow, you make your own weapons? Which one's have you made?

  6. #56
    7 8 9 Member ipop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Wow, you make your own weapons? Which one's have you made?
    Yep, I do! ^_^
    I made some weapons from Inuyasha, Bleach about 16, Sephiroth's Katana, Dante's Pistols from Devil May Cry, and some weapons from my story. Having your charaters weapons helps you understand how they can move, fight, act and other things.
    It takes about 4-5 days depending on how determine I am. Each day is a diffrent step to creating.

    too much typing, fingers hurt >.<

  7. #57
    999 Knights Member Gedeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boljevci, Serbia
    Posts
    1,616
    Well i might as well do this
    here we go:
    -I play a guitar(well i know 5 whole songs and a lot of parts and tunes)
    -I had brain surgery @wo
    -I had my Tonsils removed (all 3 of them)
    -I love to draw and shade ( hate to color since im bad with it)
    -I can make friends easily
    -I can get annoying easily
    -I love games
    -i can sometimes get very egotistical and stubborn
    - and as you can see im quite talkative!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

  8. #58
    I like to put my balls in my friends drinks when they go to the toilet. I find if you don't tell them, they won't vomit.

  9. #59
    999 Knights Member Renzokuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvester_Of_Sorrow View Post
    I like to put my balls in my friends drinks when they go to the toilet. I find if you don't tell them, they won't vomit.
    I'm doing this now.

  10. #60
    999 Knights Member Gedeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boljevci, Serbia
    Posts
    1,616
    =w= .........well thats good to know........no drinks from you......EVER!!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •