Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asian Drama/Movie/TvShow

Drama is the representation of fiction.
    Romance in the narrative its something that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. But, if we are talking about emotional interaction between characters with a focus on love, then we are talking about romance in the story.

The so called "drama" that people always point when someone its making a big deal for a emotional problem. It's just romance.

But what I was trying to say is that drama doesn't have to center around an emotional problem that's romantic only.

Not necessarily true (the point its kinda dichotomy).

Any work of Drama has a emotional problem. The character always have a lack (physical or psychological) which move the character to his goal, but for this it need a emotional development so the character truly evolve to his goal. With this said any story it's Drama and it's Emotional, a story of revenge it's emotional, of glory it's emotional, of love it's emotional, of honor it's emotional.

Romance it's the drama focused on the love relationship between character, this is because what you care it's not the "drama" (conflict born from love relationship problems), but the resolution of it. So, a story that is categorized as Romance, it's about a character who have as a goal LOVE, and the conflict between him and the antagonistic force would be "drama" (and neither drama, it would be just conflict, drama is just one expression of this conflict).

Now, it's true, some stories are not emotional, in this case we jump outside of the manga/comic world to the literature world where you can see some experiments of books that try to break this rules (there are some books that try to take away the idea of characters). But obviously most of them fail or doesn't work to make the reader interested, because the emotional background its the interesting part, not the conflict per se.

:l Drama's dont necessarily involve LOVE .... but ill admit most do, and its still a drama instead of romance i did start this thread to see all sorts of drama's D: Liar Game isnt romance involved but more psychology. >__>

And there are probably other drama's as well....

Drama it's a big thing, everything that represent a fiction and acts of characters it's drama.

Sounds legit.

Sooo guyyysss im watching Crows Zero again :l yes jubeh i know.
    And downloading gaki no tsukai stuff i want my family to get in it XD... so im watching it on tv :>

INEEDMORE.

Has anyone seen the Death Note movies? its p. good

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I loved this movie even tho its a little weird. I was told its based off a manga (or is it manhwa? not sure if its korean or not). Its Antique Bakery and its a Korean movie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntGhFrGKbb8 you can watch it on youtube. Allso its yaoi so yeah.

My favorite K-drama (ive watched like 4 >> so im an expert *eye roll*) is My name is Kim sam-soon (My lovely sam-soon in america. I have it on dvd but the english sub on it is kinda hit and miss). It has been described as the korean "Bridget Jones" and is about Kim Sam-soon a woman about to turn 30 overweight and is still single and back living with her mother. It goes thru her personal life with dating and her professional life as a pātissier (female pastry chef) as well as the lives of some of the other characters around her making a love triangle. Its drama and comedy and such a good story you want everything to work out for her. Its 16 episodes long and each ones about 1hr 30mins long. Daniele Henny is allso in this one so thats a plus ;D.

NECRO-POST. (i asked a mod if i could and he said it was fine)
    Oke so since in skype thread i and cora had been fangirling, i felt bad so i thought maybe we should revive the thread?

I've heard of Antique Bakery, is it any good? I'm not a big fan of yaoi but if its good it's good.
    I haven't watched My name is Kim sam-soon but Daniel Henney is def a big plus!! I liked bridget jones i think i'll give it a try.

I've been really into k-dramas now...
    Have you watched Heartstrings? Yonghwa is really sexy... I adore the soundtrack of it. I found this drama p. cute i watched it in like 2 days so yeah xD.
    Semi-watched You're Beautiful, if you read the skype-fangirling you'd know i can't handle shin-woo's pain

And i'm watching Secret Garden atm. i'm just waiting for it to go somewhere but it seems promising!
    (Secret Garden had the korean-jubeh in it lawl)

I've also watched The Classic a korean movie, it was reaaaaaaaaaaaalllyyyy fluffy and sweet. i liked it a lot.
    And I was kinda dissapointed in the I saw the devil movie it wasn't really that scary or anything.

Reply to cora in the skype thread
    SPOILER! :
    Quote Originally Posted by corastaur View Post
    YES! Bya we should definitely fangirl together! Ok so you should definitely continue You're Beautiful! I hated how they treated Shin Woo, but I just kept reminding myself that he basically gets with her in an alternate universe (heartstrings) and that helped me get through it. Plus Jang Geun Suk (Hwang Tae Kyung) is pretty damn attractive. :P I started watching Secret Garden but I was having a hard time getting into it, maybe I'll give it another chance. And no I haven't seen the parody but I'm totally going to look it up now! My new drama that I'm working on is Love Rain (also with Jang Geun Suk). Its just a bit slow...

Friday should be fine for me, but like I said anytime pretty much works. I'm on break right now... and I haven't figured out what I'm doing with it yet soooo i'm basically free.
    B-but SHIN WOO ;___; i still can't get over it, the other guy just looks... his shirts, those necks are so wide! it's just creeping me out also the eye-liner i can't handle it. I mean shin woo is freaking amazing. That guy has nothing compared to him ... I hate how they keep hurting shin woo every freaking ep. i just can't see him suffer...no more . Tbh i'd be fine if she even ended with Jeremy, i find jeremy even cuter than HTK... i don't think i can ever accept him. (the soundtrack is p. cool of YAB)

Also Secret Garden gets a bit better when they actually switch bodies, the acting is superb. and totes for the actors to be able to even do that stuff xD. Although i'm still at episode 9 :/.. Big Bang has a lot of parodies xD it's so funnnyyy. I want a show with hot guys, maybe i should watch Dream High but im not into that whole popular highschool stuff xD.

I hate how slow-paced some drama's are, i dropped City Hunter like half-way since i felt like it was getting nowhere i made my friend just summerize the whole story for me. lawl tbh i even dropped Coffee Prince and like BBF was done a bit fast, i dropped hana kimi too...

I want a drama with Yonghwaa... why does he only have 2 ;(. I dont want to watch You got Married second season..
    Do you know a drama where Kim Bum get's the girl? lawl. Also it amazes me how tall korean guys are...
    Last edited by Byakuran; 06-10-2012 at 11:49 AM.

I'd say angel beats is dramatic
    Spice and Wolf i think counts

Quote Originally Posted by Byakuran View Post
    SPOILER! :

B-but SHIN WOO ;___; i still can't get over it, the other guy just looks... his shirts, those necks are so wide! it's just creeping me out also the eye-liner i can't handle it. I mean shin woo is freaking amazing. That guy has nothing compared to him ... I hate how they keep hurting shin woo every freaking ep. i just can't see him suffer...no more . Tbh i'd be fine if she even ended with Jeremy, i find jeremy even cuter than HTK... i don't think i can ever accept him. (the soundtrack is p. cool of YAB)

Also Secret Garden gets a bit better when they actually switch bodies, the acting is superb. and totes for the actors to be able to even do that stuff xD. Although i'm still at episode 9 :/.. Big Bang has a lot of parodies xD it's so funnnyyy. I want a show with hot guys, maybe i should watch Dream High but im not into that whole popular highschool stuff xD.

I hate how slow-paced some drama's are, i dropped City Hunter like half-way since i felt like it was getting nowhere i made my friend just summerize the whole story for me. lawl tbh i even dropped Coffee Prince and like BBF was done a bit fast, i dropped hana kimi too...

I want a drama with Yonghwaa... why does he only have 2 ;(. I dont want to watch You got Married second season..
    Do you know a drama where Kim Bum get's the girl? lawl. Also it amazes me how tall korean guys are...
    They switch bodies???? :O Ok I need to actually finish this show now. Yeah man I know, I started watching dream high but the characters just didn't do it for me. Ugh City Hunter man... I'm only like 6 episodes in and I don't know if I'm going to watch more. Its Lee Min Ho... but ugh. I dropped Coffee Prince as well. I'm sure I've said this earlier, but have you watched Rooftop Prince? 'Cause it is currently my favorite drama. It was just beautiful! Micky Yoochun <3 He isn't really that cute at first, but as you watch the drama he just becomes more and more adorable/hot. Also his brother Ricky is in K-pop Extreme Survival Challenge. That one is pretty fun, its shorter - like 14 ep - and pretty fun.
    I know I want more Yonghwa too Kim Bum is just adorable! I looked up his other dramas and he's apparently in Padam Padam but not as the main character/love interest...
    Do you watch on Viki or elsewhere? 'Cause Viki is a lot of fun to use because of the viewer's comments :3
    And YES they are SO TALL!!!! O.o What's You Got Married? Also I started watching Fashion King earlier but I heard the ending is absolutely terrible. And the show is so freaking frustrating! The characters are stupid. Attractive, but stupid.