Thread: recomend your 3d softwares

Hybrid View

recomend your 3d softwares

you probably understand this if you know how to make manga... there are times that you have to make more panels in just one scene... of-course you can't just make the same point of view and pose all the time... you have to have control over the camera,,

there are times when you have to make some kind of long conversation in just one room and you have to think of what to draw on the panel... you have to make a top miscellaneous view, bottom miscellaneous view... something that would suit the eye of the reader and not go for repeated scenes in every panels..

now i know some of you people would say "study anatomy" or "look for reference"

there are times that you can't just find the right reference for the imagination that pops out of you mind.... all has limits and even if you study anatomy... well there's still limits,, no one's that perfect dude..

so there are 3d soft-wares out there that could fill out the gap your lacking and a lot of pro out there use it as well...

please recommend anything that might help,,, i used daz3d but that's heck of a confusing software... i already deleted it
    i haven't tried the 3d in photoshop cs5... i haven't found any tutorials yet on that

now i'm using the 3d in illuststudio.. in it's a lot of help... although you have to still study anatomy because it looks weird and creepy if you just use that directly,.,

so here... please recommend what ever i can use for the benefit of myself
    (cough! cough!)
    i mean for the benefit of everyone here on mt

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Why get a software when you can get an anatomical model?

Much cheaper (about $25/model or less) and portable too.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    What Rio suggested is really good.
    Although there are program alternatives.

Zbrush has a 30 day trial you can download. Version 4 comes with mannequin models that you can pose any way you like, not to mention you can download models people already made and study those. AND it comes with default human models.

You can also download the trial of 3Ds Max. From there you can make a biped skeleton and pose it to your liking, or even model a whole scene for reference.

Blender is another good one, just download, and surf the net for some good models and go from there.

I preferred Lightwave 3D for awhile, as it's extremely user-friendly (especially for a 3D program), but it's pricey, and there's a much better alternative:

Endorphin is a 3D animation program that's incredibly easy to use. You can pose as many figures as you want in a scene, with any amount of props, animate them if you wish (in case, y'know, you wanna see exactly how your manga scene would play out), and the coolest thing about it is the built-in animation blending with ragdoll. This makes for excellent, dynamic posing. You can pause the animation whenever you want to draw for reference, and perspective is enabled as well.

Also, the learning edition is free. With no time limit and no stripped features.

Of course, real-life mannequins work just fine, and if you're using Endorphin, you have to be stuck in front of your computer all the time. If you're drawing on a tablet, you'd have to flip back and forth between windows, and a second monitor messes with your tablet a bit (the tablet has to cover both screens, making any strokes feel off).

you could try sculptris its sort of a free scaled down version of zbrush, its really easy to use and pretty fun, its also a lot less confusing that blender, its literally just pushing, pulling, pinching that sort of thing
    http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/
    i think thats it
    not sure how great it is at doing full body models though
    Last edited by wolfman; 07-01-2011 at 07:31 PM.

i think this is best thread i ever made...
    i'm just checking out those things that you guys recommended and to tell you the truth i can't figure out which is best.. it might take me some time before i completely make up my mind...

there's a whole lot of videos in youtube about those things and it might take me some time before i get to watch them all and make up my mind.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Sculptris is fun for maybe faces and other things, but doing full bodies with it is a bit harder in Sculptris.