Thread: I suppose I should introduce myself.

I suppose I should introduce myself.

Hi, I go by leaf.

I'm a 20-year old university student studying mathematics, but my primary interests are writing and drawing. I hope to be a graphic novelist and visual novelist in the future. Yes, it is indeed a pipe dream, but that doesn't change anything at all.

I can be unmistakably idiosyncratic and aloof, and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I like talking to people and I hope that you will all come to accept me.

I'm here at MT to gain a better understanding on how I can improve my art. I'm a bit self-conscious and I'm a seriously inexperienced artist, so it may take some time before I upload anything. Until then, expect me to be an active poster. Ya'll seem like a friendly bunch :3
    Last edited by flowermage; 06-29-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Hello flowermage I am a pastamancer so I think we will get along fine

Dude I was a pastamancer too. That was the best class.

edit: Oh yeah, welcome Flowermage I totally forgot this was a welcome thread

999 Knights Member indescribable's Avatar
    Hello, Leaf. Or should I say leaf? o . o

Anyway, why are you studying mathematics?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    If anything, I don't think calling yourself "not the smartest tool in the shed" and study mathematics go hand in hand. I mean, I think you have to be smart to study math. It is the basis for a lot of scientific fields like engineering and so on. n_n;

Well, anyways, welcome to Manga Tutorials! Do chat around and when you're confident enough, drop by the Critique Corner for improvement tips and so on. We don't bite. ...Unless you get into one of the debates of course.

i don't usually welcome guys... (just kidding)
    i'm looking forward to see your art dude

Dude, you're just like me (except i'm 2 or 3 years younger). i know how you feel man, but don't give up, it's a true man's duty to pursue his passion and try the impossible and finally fail in the in the end!!!!!!

oh, and welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by indescribable View Post
    Anyway, why are you studying mathematics?
    By the time I realized I wanted to pursue my actual passion in life (and not what others wanted me to do), it was too late to switch from my original major into the Creative Writing and Computer Science programs. To me, mathematics is the next best thing. The upper level theory stuff sounds like material straight from a fiction book :3 Plus, it's fairly marketable.

Quote Originally Posted by BozeSG View Post
    i know how you feel man, but don't give up, it's a true man's duty to pursue his passion and try the impossible and finally fail in the in the end
    It took me too many years to finally figure this out. I need to make up for lost time.

@Rio: Thank you so much for the tutorials, they're extremely helpful

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, I appreciate it!
    Last edited by flowermage; 07-01-2011 at 12:43 PM.