Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are some of your favorite anime/manga series?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    - Paranoia Agent (Anime)
    How could I of forgotten about that show. It was freakin' incredible, and made no sense...especially the ending.
    p. sad the creator passed away a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    How could I of forgotten about that show. It was freakin' incredible, and made no sense...especially the ending.
    p. sad the creator passed away a while ago.
    It made total sense if you paid attention to the symbolism. A hint: the scene at the beginning of the series with all those people saying "It's not my fault." is important.

Paprika was also better than Paranoia Agent, but I wasn't sure if I should mention that, given it's a film and not strictly an anime or manga.

Last edited by Delphinus; 01-23-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Yea, I mean for the most part it didn't make 'clear' sense, you had to dig and dig and dig...which just isn't my style.
    Although the intro I noticed that it's just people laughing while some odd danger is behind them in the bg lol...most badass one has to be the nuke going off.

Well, okay - it's about people trying to escape from themselves, metaphorically or (in the case of the woman with split personalities) physically. The most common metaphor is "escaping from the consequences of one's own actions" and Shonen Bat represents the means of escape for most people, which is a sort of spiritual suicide.

SPOILER! :
    This is also how Shonen Bat was created - the creator claimed that she'd been attacked by a boy with a baseball bat and that he'd killed her dog, when she'd actually been irresponsible and let the dog run into the road through her own carelessness - Shonen Bat doesn't actually exist, he's an anthromorphic personification of people's desire to escape. That revelation comes fairly late in the series.

The point Kon is trying to make is that we should accept ourselves and deal with any problems rather than constantly denying that there is a problem or shifting the blame onto others - hence the violent death of all the commuters we saw at the start of the series saying "It's not my fault."
    Last edited by Delphinus; 01-25-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Blood+, Fullmoon,Kimi ni todoke, kaicho wa maid-sama,Vampire Knight,Kissxsis,D.N Angel,Aishiteruze Baby, Bokura ga ita, Byousoku 5 Centimeter, Howl's moving castle, Lovely Complex.
    Last edited by talented_one; 01-26-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Favorite = Bakuman
    2nd = Full Metal Alchemist
    3rd = Zatch Bell!
    4th = Ranma 1/2
    5th = YuYu Hakusho

There's my top five. I really don't want to write my top ten, mainly because I can't think of anymore besides Naruto, which, I lost a vital interest in. With that said, all of you - yes, ALL OF YOU - have to read Bakuman if you want to become a manga-ka. It kind of gives me optimistic thoughts and hope to look forward to, and at the same time teaches me all I need to know about a manga-ka's life.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Yea, I mean for the most part it didn't make 'clear' sense, you had to dig and dig and dig...which just isn't my style.
    You would rather it be spelled out for you like you're a child? That's ten times worse.

Also paranoia agent was easy. Watch it again now that you're older and smarter. The only episode that might throw you off is the one with the suicide trio.

True bruh, I was watching that show like 4 yrs ago when I was turbotarded. But now I don't feel like looking up all the eps lol. Oh well. Oh another to the list of anime.

S-Cry-Ed. <<

Scryed is good, but the ending is bad...

Scryed is so by the numbers.

Hotheaded hero who never backs down.

Calm, calculating rival who is polar opposite of hero.

Chick where you're like are they friends or more or what?

The only cool thing about that show was how the main character would just spin around before he punched dudes.